1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by snowball420, Jun 30, 2011.

1. snowball420

snowball420 New Member

Hello everyone I'm a 19yo male who just recently came across this site while doing my own personal search for the truth. I grew up Christian but as I grew older I started to realize that it made less and less sense. Well over the past year I've been soul searching and slowly but surely started coming up with theories on life but never told anyone because of the fear of being judged. A few days ago I came across this forum and surprisingly most of my theories match near exactly to what everyone here is saying so I firmly believe something of higher being has been leading the way for me to find the truth and I've never felt more at home and so peaceful. I immediately contacted my buddy Rhoto and talked him into checking it out. One thing I've noticed here is everyone is so accepting and nice and I'm excited to start my new spiritual journey with all of you! :D

2. snowball420

snowball420 New Member

Oh and I have a question too. Part of my soul searching has been learning how to just clear my head and completely relax I guess similarly to meditation so is it possible that my spirit guide or something else of higher being has been talking to me and kinda giving me pointers? I have no other explanation as to coming up with some of my theories I've had and for these theories to match the truth?

3. Rhoto

Rhoto New Member

Hey buddy! Glad you joined :]
    Wonder what our guides are doing together right now. :p

Wonder if anyone here could tell you anything about your increasing
    number of lucid dreams lately as well?

4. snowball420

snowball420 New Member

Me too man and probably still high fiving each haha. Yea I've always lucid dreamed for as long as I can remember but I've noticed recently That I've been doing it VERY often and actually twice last night? Any explanation for this?

5. Annie

Annie Member

Welcome snowball! I know exactly what you mean, I was semi-raised Catholic (my mom was never pushy about it and doesn't go to church anymore, but we used to go when I was a kid) and a lot of what Christianity and other religions preach just never really rang true for me. Then I recently found this forum and starting reading some stuff and while a lot of it surprised me (I didn't used to believe in reincarnation, for example), now it all makes sense. I think it's great that you told your friend because the more people who know about this stuff, the better. I'm trying to tell people too, but I know some people in my life will unfortunately either think I'm crazy or that I'm obsessed with death. So I know what you mean about fear of judgment.

I definitely think your spirit guide is communicating with you. You don't have to be psychic to be intuitive. I used to feel a little upset that I've never had a spirit guide actually talk to me, or heard a voice, or anything along those lines, but now I realize that my spirit guides talk to me in very subtle ways by giving me a certain feeling about things. I didn't really realize until now that everyone has a spirit guide, I thought you had to be psychic, but I now know that since my inner voice is so quiet, it's up to me to be a better listener. I really feel like I've been guided to this site and you have been too.

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Welcome, dear Snowball420! Feel free to discuss any afterlife-related theories that you have! This is meant to be a place where people can discuss and grow without judgment. You are actually the third new member to post today: this place is really growing! Anyway, yes it is not only possible, but extremely likely, that your spirit guide has been you! Here is what the evidence about communication with spirit guides tells us:

1. They always know what's best:
    Spirit guides have no alternative motives to guiding and you, and they have access to advanced beings and other resources. They'll do all they can to help you and they won't lead you astray. Also, they've been through life themselves (sometimes in the same past lifetime as you), so they know what you're going through and that it all works out. So, if you have a good reason to believe the your spirit guide is telling you to do something, then you should really try to do it.

2. Spirit Guides do not appear before us:
    Spirit Guides rarely, if ever, just appear in front of us. It is very hard for a being without a physical body to be seen on the physical plane. Rather, they have other methods of contacting us.

3. Often they use telepathy:
    Spirit Guides usually contact us by using telepathy. They'll send thoughts are way, which we'll (hopefully) pick up on. Most people just assume that these are there own thoughts, despite the fact that they are often unrelated to what the person was thinking. So, your being guided here was certainly not a coincidence, my friend!

4. We contact spirit guides in our sleep:
    Often, when we are asleep, have talk with our spirit guides to gain advice on what do about a difficult situation. That's why we often wake up with ideas. Normally, we don't remember the actual conversation, so, as with the telepathy, we simply assume that it was our idea. As you can see, our spirit guides are often taken for granted, so be sure to thank yours for all he/she does!

I hope this helps, dear Snowball420! If you have more questions, just ask us!

7. snowball420

snowball420 New Member

Thanks for the quick responses! One theory I thought of when I woke up this morning was that our interests in this lifetime are directly attributed to past lives. Are there any facts about this? For instance when I look out to sea I feel I belong there so I wonder if possibly I was a sailor or fisherman in a past life?

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Snowball 420! This is another great question! I'll try my best to answer it based on the evidence that I'm familiar with:

Our personalities have many different facets:
    It appears that our soul/spirit has a certain personality, but that personality has many facets. For example, we might have great interests in writing and foreign languages (those are some of my interests). In one life we someone with these traits may have been a writer, and, in another, a polyglot who worked as a translator. Do you see what I mean? In each lifetime, we manifest a slightly different type of the same personality. So it is possible that a love for fishing is one of your dormant traits in this lifetime. Who knows?

I hope this helps you on your journey!

9. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Welcome snowball.

10. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It was 2011 when snowball briefly appeared.

11. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

My bad ... Mac. Thanks for letting me know. Since I've inadertenly revived this thread, may I ask how you have been doing lately?

12. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm doing just fine for an old guy, thanks - how are you?