1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New Member whose interest started with NDE many years ago

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Still_Waters, Jan 5, 2020.

1. I just heard about afterlifeforums.com this morning and just registered as a new member.

My interest in the afterlife intensified after a near death experience (NDE) many years ago when I emerged completely symptom-free from a three day "irreversible coma". What I experienced in that state (out-of-body, remote viewing, visions, etc.) was not explainable to me based on my Roman Catholic background. This served as a catalyst that took me to almost 50 countries on a spiritual quest to explore the mysteries of life and death. Fortunately, my positions in corporate management/consulting gave me the wherewithal to explore this.

During my meetings with extraordinary beings throughout the world, a better understanding developed of this phenomenon called "death" and the hereafter.

Only recently, I attended a presentation at the United Nations Enlightenment Society which was given by Dr. Sergio Thiesen, a medical doctor (cardiologist) who is also a physicist and a Spiritist. He gave us the same presentation that he reportedly gave to the World Psychiatric Association in December, 2019. That motivated me to attend some Spiritist meetings here in NYC at which the afterlife is discussed extensively. In addition, I have also attended "death cafes" where such phenomenon are discussed.

This forum was recommended by some one with whom I connected recently and I am looking forward to hearing what is said on this topic here.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) We hope you find topics of interest here.

3. Thank you, Mac. As you can see from my initial post, this site was recommended by some one with whom I connected recently and I am confident that I will find topics of interest here.