1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New member and so much to

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ravensgate, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Bama

Bama New Member

Raven .... My cousin had a similar experiance when he was around 6 as well. He fell into a swimming pool and immediately sank to bottom. Next thing he remembers he is trying to tell his Grandmother where he is as she is screaming to his dad that Chuck is missing. He says he was standing in some grass behind the pool trying to point to her where his body was while calling her name to listen to him. He knew what actions his Dad took before realizing he was on bottom of pool and watched every action with no concern at all whether they found him or not. He knows word for word what was said once they realized he was missing until they got him out of water and breathing again. He was in 15ft of water on bottom and no way he could have heard clearly all that was said in that caotic few minutes , much less at that age comprehending all the words said. Next thing he knew he was coughing up water and his Dad was giving CPR.

2. Welcome, Bama! :D

3. Hi my name is Sonna. My Dad died Friday. I am wondering if he's still around; if there's life after death. I want to believe there is, but I miss my Dad so much!!! This is so hard for me.

4. Hi Sonna,

Welcome, I'm so glad you found this forum! I am very sorry to hear that you are grieving right now. Your father is an eternal soul and is most definitely still alive, just in another plane of existence. He can't be with you physically right now, but it is very possible he will send you signs, if you are open to them. I wish you peace during this difficult time. Please stay around and ask any questions that come to mind.

5. Skye

Skye New Member

Hello Sonna,

I am sorry to hear about the death of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. It's understandable and natural that you are missing the physical presence of your dad. But, yes, there is most certainly an afterlife, a world where he has survived his physical death and continues to live. He will be around you and his family, he will maintain his love and support and still be interested in all of your lives, just as he would have done had he been here. He will still have his intellect, his memories and his personality will remain the same. If his body physically suffered through illness or disease, this will no longer be so as these conditions belongs to the physical world only.

He may try to show subtle signs of his presence in a variety if ways for instance; his favourite song may be heard on the radio, or you may smell his aftershave or tobacco. Should you not become aware of significant signs please don't assume he isn't around for our intense grief can prevent us from acknowledging such signs.

Once again Sonna, my condolences for your recent loss.

6. Hi Sonna

Our condolences for your loss, and you can certainly rest assured that there is an Afterlife. You will get comfort and the confirmation you seek from alot of the threads on this forum. We are all here to help you and support you in finding your way through the grief you must be feeling right now.

7. These are really interesting stories that you guys have shared. And by the way, it's natural to be scared of dying. It's just a basic animal instinct to ensure survival...every living creature is afraid of dying. But that doesn't mean that you should live in constant fear of it. Raven, what you saw was a spirit leaving the body, and it occurred in such a natural, peaceful way, kind of that watery mirage like you see on hot days, and it was as simple as that. Bama I like your story as well, I like it a lot because your cousin was on the brink of death, but he knew he was going to be fine whether he survived or not. I have always felt that drowning would be one of the worst possible ways to die, that horrible, horrible feeling of trying to breathe and being unable to, but maybe we leave our bodies before things get to be too unbearable. Thank God your cousin was not left with any permanent brain damage from that incident.

8. beadtrader

beadtrader New Member

Hi Sonna, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in March of this year. It is a difficult time and can be so hard to bear. But take heart, your dad does live on! I have yet to hear from my mom, but I'm sure I will at some point. Today I had signs from a dear friend that died in 1979. Within seconds of each other I saw two cars with his initials on the license plates. So many things can be signs of communications.

9. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Yes! Sign, sign, everywhere a sign! I believe there is a song that that says that! :) Communication can be everywhere! Welcome to the forums Sonna. I am so sorry for the physical loss of your dad, but do know they are still close and with us always. The connection never ends! We are human and it is still so difficult I know. But there is an Afterlife and we will see our loved ones again. Can't even imagine how great that will be!
    Peace and love to you and your family. There is good information here (on the forum) with people who care and want to help. :)
    Carol

10. Bama

Bama New Member

Thanks Orangeysky :)