1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JoAnna, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Its a rarity to find others to discuss spirituality with. I’m here looking for stimulating conversation on the topic. I expressed to someone recently how I was thinking that our faith in an afterlife may be the vehicle that transports our souls to the next reality. If we don’t believe we will move on that perhaps are souls would be stuck or even disappear. They looked at me like I was crazy and laughed it off.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

We won't think you're crazy but your belief isn't correct. No faith in an afterlife is needed to to return home after our death, no belief that we will move on is needed either. Few get 'stuck' and not for their lack of faith. None disappear. :)

Enjoy your time with us on ALF and please take a look at the various forums, the threads and discussions and the resources section to give you an impression of our approach to life beyond bodily death and much else.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    jobun and Kurt like this.
  3. jobun

jobun New Member

very well stated mac!

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

thank you :) I just wish it actually did encourage new members to do what I've suggested.....

This particular one breezed in July 8th, declared she loved discussion and friendly debate but hasn't been seen since. Thing is, such behavior isn't especially unusual.

I really do wonder why some members bother opening an account at all if they have no interest in the subject(s). :confused:o_O

5. jobun

jobun New Member

In my case, I get busy and sometimes don't have enough time to come to the threads and talk, but when I have some down time, I at least try to log in and read even if I don't always participate. This site is very compelling to me because of all the recent losses that have occurred around me. Especially my nephews and close childhood friend.

Bgsantander likes this.
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Probably just a spur of the moment thing.

-Some people create accounts when they may be feeling exceptionally depressed at that moment in time. Why they choose to then not participate? Who knows.. it could be personal. It could also be the opposite where folks were very well off emotionally and genuinely wanted to sign up, but felt that this particular forum may not be right for them.

-Others create an account out of boredom or curiosity with no intention of posting. (Usually the lurkers or the ones who just like to read.) I’ve created accounts on other forums and never said a word. Granite they weren’t spiritual websites though.

-Then there are those who have no interest whatsoever but to promote their own agendas (websites, spam)...etc. I mean the list goes on and on.

Regarding this forum, it is strange indeed.

Kurt likes this.
  7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

You made another good point. People can get busy and also may not be in the habit of logging in. :)

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

It would be nice to learn that new members who appear only briefly when they open an account continue to visit regularly without logging in. It's definitely a possibility but no more than that. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Some may pass over. Most of the people who join are thinking about death and that usually means it's close.

10. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Why would you say that?