1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by PixieTwin, May 14, 2019.

1. PixieTwin

PixieTwin New Member

Hey everyone!

I’m a 28 year old chick from Belgium.

Ever since I was little I’ve been thinking about life and death. When I was a child it seemed only natural that we have souls.

It was through going to high school I became an atheist, because of the things they teach you in science classes (which are only based on materialism). And at the time that seemed true to me.

When I was 19 years old I got an existential crisis where I realised that one day we’d die and ‘cease to exist’ and there was nothing we could do about that. It was quite scary and gave me panic attacks.

So I started reading books on the subject, it was hard to wrap my brainwashed materialistic mind around it at first but in a couple of years it started to make more sense to me that it’s not matter that creates consciousness but rather the other way around, that all ‘matter’ comes from life. Once you realise that it changes your whole life.

I’m really interested in quantum physics and psychic phenomena now, and I think it’s a pity those research fields don’t get the funding they deserve.

If you think about it, the reason very young children do believe in a soul is because they find that answer within themselves, and that is the most natural thing you can do, as soon as you start learning about that stuff in school you start to lose touch with yourself and your intuition.

Now don’t get me wrong, I appreciate materialistic science, but they can not answer questions like this because they are just too close-minded.

Anyway, I believe we have souls and we all have a purpose to be here. My purpose is to make music, I feel a real connection to the soul when I do it.

I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to chat to like minded people as I’m surrounded by nihilists and materialists in real life who would just laugh at me when I bring up a topic like this.

Since I’m not a fan of forcing your beliefs upon anyone I just don’t talk about that stuff to anyone :)

Xxx

Luna likes this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Glad to have you. Welcome!

PixieTwin likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

We don't force our views on any member either but we do discuss and debate issues that interest us and which come under the umbrella of afterlife matters. Please take a look around and get a feel for the subjects we've discussed in the various forums.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    PixieTwin likes this.
  4. Luna

Luna Member

Welcome!! You are among friends~

Ha how interesting- I went through a very very similar experience with atheism (because of school and my brother at the time was), also had an existential crisis later and panic attacks, and ultimately re-evaluated my beliefs too.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

PixieTwin likes this.
  5. PixieTwin

PixieTwin New Member

Yeah those times were terrible weren’t they :)

Luna likes this.
  6. LachlanMac

LachlanMac Member

Welcome!

I am also very interested in Quantum Physics. A lot of it goes over my head, but it often ends up feeling like a huge part of the puzzle. Unfortunately, I still consider myself a "materialistic" sort which makes me a touch cynical. However, I really love talking about it all and questioning everything, but I'm in your boat; I don't have anyone in my life who would really be up for that conversation.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

PixieTwin likes this.