1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New here

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Katieb1992, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Katieb1992

Katieb1992 New Member

hi all, I’m 25 and recently a young lady of the same age at the time passed away, she was 20 weeks pregnant and had a cardiac arrest..she wasn’t a close friend but somebody I knew.. when she died it triggered me thinking about things I’ve never thought About.. I worried about death as a child and have had fleeting thoughts about it in my life but always distracted myself and told myself there’s no point worrying and that life is what it is.

We’ll ever since this lady died around 2 months ago nearly, I’ve been consumed with thoughts about what happens.. I’ve found myself constantly researching stories about nde’s, about what consciousness actually is..
    I tell myself that really.. even scientists, know nothing.. everything we know is physical.. and there are things there are no explanation for and I feel like I truly believe in something bigger than this.
    Then I have moments of thinking maybe nde’s are just the brain starting to shut down, that I am as I am purely because of chemicals in my brain..
    I’m so back and forth on it that I think I just needed to talk to other people that might have gone through the same thing x

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome Katie! Here are some things that you should know as you begin what is going to be a wonderful journey:

1) Mainstream scientists have no idea about anything related to consciousness, death, or the afterlife. They must stay true to a materialist dogma that will not permit them to study anything that might lead to the possible discovery of God, so they cannot study the afterlife or anything spiritual. If they defy this basic scientific frame, they will be denied publication in peer-reviewed journals and faculty seats at universities. This has been going on for the past century, believe it or not. By now, it is getting old!

2) Independent researchers have found abundant and consistent afterlife evidence, and have all drawn basically the same conclusions. There is not even a slight disagreement, Katie: the fact that human consciousness is eternal has been demonstrated beyond doubt.

3) You can find the truth for yourself! My book, The Fun of Dying, is a summary of our current state of understanding, and it includes an annotated bibliography that you might read through; if you can't afford the book, contact me through robertagrimes.com.

4) Regulars on this website are very knowledgeable, and if you ask questions you should be able to get good answers.

I hope this helps!

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The experience of hearing of the death of your acquaintance and her developing baby re-awakened both your fears and your interest in what happens after we pass over. Here on ALF you may hear from others who share similar fears and interest even if for different reasons.

My suggestion for anyone beginning a search for understanding is to take baby steps - the subject is BIG and can seem baffling. Been there, done that, collected all the tee shirts!

If you're a reader then read all you can. Folk will recommend or suggest material they've found helpful - see what appeals to you. If you're not a reader then it's less easy. But may I suggest just one thing? Leave near death accounts (NDE) at the bottom of the pile. Near death isn't death - that's pretty obvious but it needs saying to reinforce the point. The NDE issue can wait - it's not important to someone just stating UNLESS they've had one or have been affected by someone else's. NDE can confuse - some folk think death and near-death as very similar. They ain't!

And welcome to ALF. :)

4. Katieb1992

Katieb1992 New Member

Thankyou :)
    Do you believe it is possible to think there is an afterlife without believeing in god In a way of the bible/heaven/hell? I know I believe in something but I can’t put my finger on what it is I just feel like there’s something bigger

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Well I do so I guess anyone else can.... ;)

Do some research, see what you come up with. Maybe then you'll find evidence of what you're seeking and not simply have faith/hope/belief in it... :)

Take a look at the resources I've compiled. Take a look at the titles of the books Roberta has written. She'll even send you a .pdf version of 'The Fun Of Dying' if you ask her. Read some of the threads here - they go back quite a time so skim through 'em.

Have a look at your local newspaper's 'Diary Dates' or whatever and see what local Spiritualist churches are near you and then take a trip on a clairvoyance demonstration evening, sometimes weekdays, often Saturdays. Sundays are Divine Service evenings and who knows, you might like to try one of them. https://www.snu.org.uk/Pages/Events/Category/churches

Tuesdays and Thursdays are often healing nights, well worth trying for the peace they can bring to a troubled mind.

Any of those suggestions would get you started.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018