1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New here - recently widowed

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Louise66, May 31, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

When you quote someone's words it's convention that you write something connected to what they've 'said' - wouldn't you agree? You don't HAVE to but it makes sense to do that.

If you don't want to respond to what someone's said then just write in the box at the bottom of the page and press the 'Post Reply' button.

2. mac

Why not take a look at Roberta's books? I'm not promoting Spiritualism but if there are any Spiritualist churches within range you might consider making a trip to one. Failing that maybe a visit to a 'working' spiritual medium to see if your son makes contact.

'ALF' member Carol Morgan's son 20 year old son, Mikey, died 6 years ago (I think) and she wrote a book 'dictated' by Mikey entitled 'Flying High In Spirit'. You might want to consier reading that for their story, for information and - in my view - for the uplift the story may bring.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Thanks mac. I think I will. I was leaning in that direction. Also, I did read the excerpts from Flying High In Spirit so I will add that to my reading list. In fact Roberta's foreword from the book is what lead me here. Is Carol Morgan still a member here? I haven't seen any recent posts.

4. mac

Carol's still a registered member but is no longer active. I keep hoping she'll return one day. :) I miss 'em both.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:):cool:

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

But how will someone know that I am responding to what they said even if it isn't pertaining to what they said or not? Because in real life conversation goes off track sometimes. I don't know about your world, but they do in mine. And it isn't always me who causes the detour.

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Because there is always progress eternally, and there is no time?

8. mac

If you're replying to something specific then press the 'Reply' button. If you're not then write in the blank box at the foot of each page and press the 'Post Reply' button. You know how to quote pieces of text already.

Forums aren't real life conversations and go off-track for one main reason - writers don't stick to the point.

9. mac

essentially yes - Humankind won't be constrained by the time this world has left before it becomes naturally uninhabitable but we could screw everything up before that point. It's not anything I concern myself over - there are entities to handle all that stuff and all we have to do is get on with things here.

10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you for this info Mac. I have used the bottom box without replying to someone before, but as you know, conversation and I aren't too compatible sometimes. It can be awkward enough for me in person, so just imagine the challenges I'm faced with on this forum!

11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Please be more specific in what you mean.

12. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I don't know what Mac meant, but it is true that the world will eventually become uninhabitable. The Sun, like other main sequence stars, is gradually growing hotter. In a billion years, if we in some form were still around, we'd be in deep trouble. In two billion years, much worse.

13. mac

As gene says this world will eventually become uninhabitable. My view is that long before then humankind will have changed significantly or died out.

Even if our species doesn't die out this world's purpose may eventually come to an end or another world may be brought into service to replace it.

14. mac

It's the reverse for me; I find writing enabling.

Face-to-face conversations wander way-too-easily and can be dominated by someone with a cratey-gob. When writing no-one can bellow at you, swamp or dominate you - or change the subject if you don't allow 'em to.

And there's time to think and get your words straight before sending out a response! :D

15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Thumbs up! I agree, because that is what I witnessed during the NDE: a seemingly endless amount of lives and each one was in a different kind of world. They looked alike, but the nuance of each place was different. It goes beyond what I am able to explain, but I just want to BE the kind of love that is needed to benefit this planet.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  16. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Pandora97! Yes, there is a lot of information, but fortunately it is all consistent... this is a huge reality, but it is one reality. If you have questions along the way, don't hesitate to contact me through the Contact block on robertagrimes.com and I will be delighted to help you!

17. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Thank you very much Roberta! I sincerely appreciate your willingness to offer your assistance,:)