1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

New here - recently widowed

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Louise66, May 31, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

What matters is what's important for you individually. I think that what I think really doesn't matter.

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Oh, I think I get it. What I think, as kim, doesn't matter either. The thing is that WE THINK it does matter! So what's all the fuss, right?

3. mac

Quoting my posting #23 "What matters is what's important for you individually. I think that what I think really doesn't matter."

Why have you extended to 'kim' what I had only been saying about myself?

And who are 'WE' who THINK it does matter? I'm baffled.... o_O

4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Because I understood it better that way. I was asking. Both you and I live here on earth don't we? Aren't we together, so to speak? Please take it easy on me when I quote, because it seems I don't do it appropriately. You have griped at me more than once about quoting you, and you aren't the only one. What am I doing wrong?

Anybody who lives here on earth and thinks about anything.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

But we shouldn't idolize our self should we?

What is wrong, if anything, with that?

6. mac

What I had written, quoting my posting #23 "What matters is what's important for you individually. Wasn't I clear that when replying to you I was referring to YOU? There was nothing about me so it wasn't about US.

Then you wrote, and I quote, "Oh, I think I get it. What I think, as kim, doesn't matter either." I can't hear any question there - that was a statement by you, about you, but I hadn't said or inferred any such thing.

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Matter to who?

I intended to put a question mark, but I made a mistake. It was in my mind though.

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Sometimes I just get weary from waiting. I think things will never come about, but they always do! This flesh pulls me down sometimes.

9. mac

anyone....

10. pandora97

pandora97 Member

That's just it. I don't have a direction since I'm brand new to this subject. Because of the communication my sister-in-law experienced I'm convinced life is eternal. I want to learn as much as I can but I don't know where to start. I'm excited to know more but I don't know where to start. As you know a lot of the books, etc. out there are written as though the reader is already somewhat familiar with the subject matter. This sometimes confuses me.

11. mac

When you quote someone's words it's convention that you write something connected to what they've 'said' - wouldn't you agree? You don't HAVE to but it makes sense to do that.

If you don't want to respond to what someone's said then just write in the box at the bottom of the page and press the 'Post Reply' button.

12. mac

Why not take a look at Roberta's books? I'm not promoting Spiritualism but if there are any Spiritualist churches within range you might consider making a trip to one. Failing that maybe a visit to a 'working' spiritual medium to see if your son makes contact.

'ALF' member Carol Morgan's son 20 year old son, Mikey, died 6 years ago (I think) and she wrote a book 'dictated' by Mikey entitled 'Flying High In Spirit'. You might want to consier reading that for their story, for information and - in my view - for the uplift the story may bring.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  13. pandora97

pandora97 Member

Thanks mac. I think I will. I was leaning in that direction. Also, I did read the excerpts from Flying High In Spirit so I will add that to my reading list. In fact Roberta's foreword from the book is what lead me here. Is Carol Morgan still a member here? I haven't seen any recent posts.

14. mac

Carol's still a registered member but is no longer active. I keep hoping she'll return one day. :) I miss 'em both.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:):cool:

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

But how will someone know that I am responding to what they said even if it isn't pertaining to what they said or not? Because in real life conversation goes off track sometimes. I don't know about your world, but they do in mine. And it isn't always me who causes the detour.

17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Because there is always progress eternally, and there is no time?

18. mac

If you're replying to something specific then press the 'Reply' button. If you're not then write in the blank box at the foot of each page and press the 'Post Reply' button. You know how to quote pieces of text already.

Forums aren't real life conversations and go off-track for one main reason - writers don't stick to the point.

19. mac

essentially yes - Humankind won't be constrained by the time this world has left before it becomes naturally uninhabitable but we could screw everything up before that point. It's not anything I concern myself over - there are entities to handle all that stuff and all we have to do is get on with things here.

20. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you for this info Mac. I have used the bottom box without replying to someone before, but as you know, conversation and I aren't too compatible sometimes. It can be awkward enough for me in person, so just imagine the challenges I'm faced with on this forum!