1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

New here - recently widowed

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Louise66, May 31, 2017.

1. Louise66

Louise66 New Member

Hello, my name is Louise. A friend of mine, Denverguy (hi mate), recommended this forum to me. My darling husband of 30 years, Ken, passed from cancer in November 2016, and I have become very interested in Afterlife subjects. I'm not in the habit of grasping any old thing just to make myself feel better, but try to come at the search with an open mind and intellectual honesty. I want to know that my Ken is okay and we'll be together again one day. Evidence that points to this certainly makes me feel better, while I grieve daily.

I'm looking forward to contributing and receiving at this forum :) It's great to have places to have these conversations because as we know, not everybody understands, and I dislike condescension that implies I'm just a dotty widow trying to feel better - you know, in the vein of "Oh well dearie, you believe that if it helps you." I want to develop something that is much more than that.

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    milahanna likes this.
  2. mac

mac long-term contributor

I won't do the "Sorry about your loss." stuff. It's not that I don't care but because although it's well-meaning, so often it gets trotted out without much thought. But folk mostly don't know what else to say.

Here, however, you're with folk who have some understanding of what happens after death, some who have experienced similar loss to yourself and Denverguy, and others who are still searching for that understanding.

Here you won't be treated as a dotty widow and I think you'll already have realised we are discerning seekers who don't trot out just any old guff.

I'm mac - welcome :)

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

We are all so glad that you're here, Louise! Ask us whatever questions you like, and for a quick summary of what actually is going on and an annotated reading list you might read my book, The Fun of Dying. If you'll send me an email through the contact block on robertagrimes.com, I'll be happy to send it to you in PDF!

4. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Hi Louise66 and welcome and I am going to say I am so sorry for your loss.

I was brought to this site probably about 17 months ago after the sudden passing of my husband. I was desperately looking for him, wanting to know he was OK, wanting to know if he was scared, wanting to know where he was, because I could not believe one morning he would walk out of the house to go to work and that would be the last time I ever saw his smile.

I was in the need of proof that he still lives on, even though he is not physically with me. I am still on that quest. As with you, I dont share a lot of the experiences I have had with people, because I also do not want them to look at me with that cockeyed look, saying exactly what you hear "if thats what you need to believe to get through, then go for it."

I am searching for concrete proof that he, my Mom, Dad and everyone else that have gone before me have not just ceased to exist. I cant grasp that that would be a possibility.

This is a safe place to ask questions, get better understanding with people who (like me) were brought here to find answers. Everyone here will help you find what you seek.

Explore the site, read the books, explore the other sites that have suggested. There is a wealth of info.

Once again, welcome!

Unexpected likes this.
  5. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Welcome Louise and may I say that I am sorry for your loss although I do not experience my late wife, who is very happy and well in the Afterlife, as a s "loss". She has been and continues to be here with me in so many ways so I have not gone through a "grieving" process like most widowers do who believe their loved one is totally gone from them. It has helped me a lot to visit several local Mediums where I live and had some wonderful and hilarious talks with my late wife, Irene, as posted elsewhere here. Other than perhaps visiting a Medium, where you live, I'd recommend reading some James Van Praagh books or google him. Of course there are many great Mediums online and elsewhere so, have a ball and get together with your husband ASAP. I bet he comes to you in your dreams. If and when you know that Ken is right there and doing just fine, you may find your self grieving less and having daily CELEBRATIONS with him as he sends you more and more "signs" of his continuing life and adventures in the Afterlife.
    Oh and I too have had to limit how much I speak about Irene and who I tell, since most (religious) folks are afraid of anything having to do with Psychics or an Afterlife and can respond in very hurtful ways.
    Sending much love & happiness for when you connect with Ken from this side to his.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017 at 6:13 AM
  6. mac

I find it sad that after visiting us just the once, Louise didn't make it back. Perhaps this place, at this time, just isn't the right place.

I wish we'd been able to help a little though.... :(

7. RobertaGrimes

Dear Mac, it may be that she read threads, found answers, and was indeed helped - that is what I prefer to believe. We can only offer help and comfort - we can't make people stay!

8. mac

I know, I know..... But with someone so sad it gets to me. :(

9. RobertaGrimes

That's because you're a good man, dear ;-).