1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

New here and with some questions on the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Emily E., Jan 31, 2017.

1. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Feet and beaks? Ewww!

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

The flesh is not alive. We just assume it is, but it is only a piece of Consciousness' artwork, an image.

Yes, so to speak, I am talking about recycling the dead to preserve life. Our bodies were formed from the same energy that the earth was formed. Our bodies, themselves, do not have free will. Every member of mankind has a heart that beats and pumps blood, every woman begins a period and she doesn't get to decide when it will end, a baby is created the same way no matter what god two people believe in, everyone eats to avoid hunger, everyone drinks to avoid thirst. If a person gets a small cut every ones' cut heals in the same way. I know that there are differences, but I am speaking in general. When a person ages the body begins to break down. None of us get to have free will about the steps our physical body goes through, because we were all taken from the same source of energy and every single body will die, decompose and become part of the earth again. Face it, the physical body itself has been programmed like a computer. But, we do have free will in our minds to make these bodies do, think and say what we want them to!

There is a bigger invisible Life here with us now that can't be seen. Their was a time in my life when I lived without my body and I experienced this Life. That is the Life that wants to overwhelm our minds with Its harmony. Look at nature. The tides go in and out on schedule, the birds migrate on schedule, the sun rises and sets on schedule, comets appear in the sky on schedule. All of nature has been programmed as our bodies have also been programmed. Why can nature adhere so harmoniously to the program, but we can't? Because nothing in nature has an ego. Where does our ego come from? The wisp of Consciousness that we all contain and are able to search.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Cute Bear likes this.
  3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Consciousness allows no discrimination amongst Itself . We must either choose to learn more to increase our knowledge of reality or just give up and let the Eternal Spirit of Consciousness perform Its job in us. I have chosen the later.

4. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

Or both.

Trust in how your life will flow, and how the universe unconditionally supports whatever choices we make = good jujube :)

kim marine likes this.
  5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I couldn't face watching videos but what's that saying? "All grist to the mill"

My uncle was a butcher when I was a kid over 6 decades ago and I used to watch him making sausages. Although I don't eat 'em often nowadays I still recall the source of some of the hard bits and the 'gristle' found in 'em. Nothing much changes, it seems....

6. pandora97

pandora97 Member

o_O

7. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Kim, how do you define "consciousness"? Are you familiar with Dr. Alexander? Several days ago I stumbled upon a video (a very good one, in my opinion) in which he discusses the nature of consciousness. It's a bit long (around 50 minutes, I think) but, as I said, I found it interesting; hopefully, you will too ;-). Here is the link:

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I enjoyed the video too. Thank-you for posting it!:)
    I can't define consciousness, but I do believe It is all that is and all that ever can or will be. I believe that every thing we perceive as being a material object is only wisps of consciousness existing at different frequencies, and those frequencies are being held together by Christ as it says in the Bible in Colossians 1:17-"He is before all things and in him all things hold together." I do not believe the Bible is the Word of God, but I do believe it contains truths in it if we would set our egos aside. I think we should slow down our human minds, which don't exist in the brain, and truly think for ourselves.

9. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Thank you, Kim! ;)