1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

New here and with some questions on the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Emily E., Jan 31, 2017.

1. Emily E.

Emily E. New Member

It's okay, Arbutus. I'm not offended :)

I do like to pray. I feel like it has a calming effect on me, like meditation. I'm sure there are other people who feel the same too.

2. Courtney K

Courtney K New Member

Emily,
    I have had the same thoughts as you many times before. I was also raised in a Christian household as well so I often don't know what to believe. I am glad you posted this and elicited all of these responses because they have also been helpful for me.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Mainstream religions often demand your faith/belief. Is that what you want for you? Perhaps you could work towards not needing belief or faith?

4. Courtney K

Courtney K New Member

No, I do not think that is what I want. At this point I am going back and forth between knowing what I want so I am not sure to be honest.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It can be hard to decide, I understand that. But it seems that you've nearly decided what you don't want. That's progress and in time you may become clearer about what you do want.

Until then perhaps it's better not to sweat this stuff and just keep an eye and an ear on what others are saying and try to be patient until things fall into place. There's no hurry. :)

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I think mac has given good advice. ;)