1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New here and with some questions on the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Emily E., Jan 31, 2017.

1. Emily E.

Emily E. New Member

Thank you for all your answers, they've been really helpful.

I'm currently trying my best to live my life to fullest. I'm aware that I'm still very young and have decades ahead of me before I can start thinking about death, but still, knowing that it will happen someday haunts me from time to time. After finding this website and reading all the facinating stories on here, I thought I would share about how I've been feeling and ask some questions I had on life after death.

To answer your question on what a "plothole" is, Mac, it's a literary device that describes an error, gap, or inconsistency in a storyline, but I just used it as an analogy for the things that doesn't make sense to me about the afterlife in this thread.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I'm guessing 'plothole' is an Americanism! What a horrible word! :D

As for things not making sense about the afterlife I'd respond that they ain't gonna until you know/understand one hell of a lot more about the subject. There's little about it that doesn't make sense for me but I've been 'at it' for three decades and website owner, Roberta, my senior, has been at it even longer! ;) And as even dim mac can understand it all, anybody can given time, application and a little effort. That's for us old farts though and young uns should get on with life in this dimension and leave all the other stuff until much later when it just might be important. :)

3. Emily E.

Emily E. New Member

Well, I live in the United States, but I didn't know that "plothole" wasn't universal. Lol, just I should've used a better word. And you're right, I need to focus on the present and not worry about the future. I'm currently enjoying my hobbies as much as I can, and trying my hardest in college. Thanks for understanding, and I'll try reading the articles the other users in this thread linked me when I have more free time.

4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I'm in the USA too and 'plothole' isn't an English English term let alone universal. :D

PLEASE don't spend too much time on this stuff - it ain't that important because it all happens automatically and routinely whether you, me or anyone else understand or cares about it. ;)

Our lives here are about living and learning from the experiences we have. That's all gonna influence our spiritual progress but it's not anything about which we need to have any concern or even any interest.

All this happens without us needing to know anything about anything! :) bonne chance!

5. Emily E.

Emily E. New Member

I guess "plothole" is more of modern day slang. Suppose being a teenager in the 2010's can really butcher your ability to speak proper English :D

Whether I fully believe in an afterlife or not (though hopefully reading those articles will help me open my mind even more to the possibility), I do appreciate all the kind words. I will take Mac's word for it and focus more on right now. I'll still be floating around these forums, but I'll still live my life as much as I can and not worry about what will happen after it :)