1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Need to bring back my confidence!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Sarina, Jun 3, 2019.

1. I used to hear voices and catch things out of the corner of my eye all of the time. I had found that I was never left in silence.... Unfortunately I had become afraid of my abilites, believing that it may be harmful or even a form of mental disorder since I do have a family member with schitzophrenia. I had denied my ability in a instant moment.. I had said no, and since then I haven't heard anything since. I now realize that I had denied a gift and was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me. I have always had and interest in the after life....Thanks for any help offered!

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Where to start!

Firstly it's to say welcome to ALF. :) Later I'll ask you a few questions and offer my thoughts on what you've told us.

Sarina likes this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hello and welcome to our forum. I’m sure you will be given great advise by other members. Have a look around the forum and see if any of the other threads may be of help or you can start your own! :)

Sarina likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

OK then......
    1. Just for context, how long ago / how old were you when you 'switched off' your abilities?
    2. Am I right assuming you haven't had experienced any major actual mental/emotional issues? (you mentioned family schizophrenia.)
    3. Did you ever communicate with the owners of the voices you once used to hear?
    4. Would you now be comfortable in a similar position to the one you switched off from?
    5. Have you ever tried 'opening up' (meditation for example) to see if your voices return?
    6. How much do you understand about survival and communication issues?

Sarina likes this.
  5. So when I switched them off was only about 4 years ago. It's been strange because I had never heard silence as silence.
    I have not experienced any major mental or emotional issues, I have struggled with depression before, but it wasn't chronic.
    I never asked questions or really communicated, I always just listened. Often it sounded like people having conversations without knowing I was there.
    I now would be much more comfortable opening up, because I have a better understanding of such. But I do have a hard time meditating at this time, because Ihave 2 jobs and 2 kids.
    The last part I suppose I don't really understand what you're asking.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

The last question was for me to gain an impression what you know about individuals who communicate with those we used to say were dead. And what you know about our survival of death. Does either subject mean anything much to you? That picture would be the backdrop for my observations and thoughts related to the other questions - there's no point in my writing about things you're not familiar with.