1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Need some Afterlife book recommendations

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Fraz-C, Oct 3, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've added your link to the 'Resources' section - thanks :)

Kurt likes this.
  2. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Yes that's exactly what crossed my mind. It sounds like the issue from the Ethereal's perspective, is that when there is doubt among people, the communication channels are clouded and eventually shut down. It sort of creates the impression that it's all to do with how people feel rather then act, it's the inward negativity and skepticism that interfere's with the unity of the groups positive spirit and belief that creates a barrier to communication. I guess that makes sense on some level, although you'd think there would have been preemptive guidance from these higher beings to avoid this.

Also it states the INIT team were warned on more then one occasion by these Ethereal spirits that "simply opening the door to the spirit worlds can be dangerous" but it doesn't appear that this is elaborated on and begs the question, why didn't the INIT team query this? Things like this always raise a shadow of a doubt in my mind, as much as I would like to believe.

Yes with the Scole Experiments, it was difficult to discern who exactly they were dealing with from the spirit side (even less detail the INIT I think). And why after all the progress they made was the tap suddenly turned off, why did they just pack up and disband, why not keep trying or revisit there work at a later time? Surely with all the experience they gained, they could attempt further communication and I don't believe they even touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of the actual experiments and data they gathered. I guess if the plug is pulled that's it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  3. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Oh great your welcome, glad I've contributed something useful in the short time I've been here :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

Continuing, developing, transdimensional communication looks a non-starter if there has to be unity of purpose and perpetual harmony. We're human beings, after all, and most of us squabble, bicker and even fall out because that's what most human beings do from time to time.

You'd think that discarnate communicators would allow for that but as I've said in the past, I wonder if our spirit-side counterparts are looked on as a barmy bunch in much the same way we 'believers' in survival, communication et al may be looked on as barmy here in our own dimension.

Kurt likes this.
  5. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Absolutely. Unless some revolutionary break through in spirit communication occurs in the future, that provides evidence beyond doubt, I think were stuck in the scenario of having to have faith in what seems quite plausible (based on the evidence presented) but what seems equally barmy at the same time. Either way I'll still enjoy reading through Mark Macy's website and I wouldn't have joined this forum if I didn't want to believe. :)

Well, going back to my original topic, I've stumbled upon and started reading Journey of Souls, by Michael Newton P.H.D https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/104979.Journey_of_Souls I think this book might tick some of the boxes in terms of what I'm after. Just started it, but seems well written and eludes to going into more detail about the spirit world.

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

Just to be certain you understand what I mean when I say "we 'believers'" I use the word 'believers' because it's what others often say about us 'in the spooks'. ;)

I don't 'believe' any of the stuff I write about - either I'm sure about what I know or detail is 'not proven' to my satisfaction or it may be completely rejected. I don't believe in anything as an alternative to one of those last three categories. :D

Kurt likes this.
  7. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

All understood :D

8. mac

:)

I've often read that folk are impressed by 'Journey of Souls' but I haven't read it.

My own favourite is out of print, 'Soul Trek' by Julie Gale. https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/090333626X/ref=acr_offerlistingpage_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I've been carrying my own copy back and forth over the big pond for some years and right now I don't know which side of that pond it is!..........Yes I do - I've just found it in the TV cabinet drawer. :)

A copy might, of course, be available second hand either here in the UK or 'over there' in the USA.

9. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

This looks excellent. I think I can purchase a second hand copy on Amazon, so I'll get this one for the pile.

10. mac

Kurt likes this.
  11. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

12. mac

great job - Whether or not the teaching appeals to you it will offer a different perspective from that offered by other sources.

Kurt likes this.
  13. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Hopefully all these different perspectives will merge into something meaningful, it's easy to get lost in the plethora of information on this subject. I can see how you could end up being more confused then when you started out. Actually I might be at that point!!!:confused:

Journey of Souls takes a different approach from what I've read previously . The author is a respected psychiatrist who uses hypnotism to brings his clients to recall their lives in the spirit world, he discovers this gift by accident through a routine session. The only similar book I'm aware of is Many Lives Many Masters by Brian Weiss, which I might also read.

Kurt likes this.
  14. mac

Yeah I'm aware what Newton's book is about but I'm at the point in my life where there's no incentive for me to study more - before long I'll be finding out all this stuff first-hand! ;):D Beyond a certain point hearing more ideas stopped being of interest and that point crept up on me; now I'm past it and marking time. But I remember how it was when I began, the feeling of being overwhelmed by information that might - but might not - have been truth and relevant.

I wish you good fortune in your search for something that appeals to you personally.

Kurt likes this.
  15. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Well I can absolutely appreciate not wanting to study more when you put things into that context, but hopefully for you that's a good position to be in and something to look forward to, as odd as this sounds.:) Just to say thank you again for all the helpful suggestions, I've probably taken far to much of your time on this thread but at least I've got a sense of direction and a some new things to look at with the book and the itc website!! Should keep me busy.

Kurt and pandora97 like this.
  16. mac

When I was deep into all this 'stuff' I expected I'd always want to know more but look where I am now. Yuh never know how things will turn out. But I'm comfortable with the little I understand, enough for this time around.

It was my pleasure to try to help a little. I enjoy offering a few ideas to someone looking for their own answers, walking their own path but prepared to consider different directions. :)

Kurt likes this.
  17. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Journeys of Souls is absolutely impressive in my opinion. Michael Newton is an excellent source that I recommend when it comes to past life regression and ‘soul age’ curiousity. His clients give very detailed accounts of past life experiences that in turn help resolve current life issues that they may still have. Destiny of Souls is another good read by him as well :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  18. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Thanks!!

19. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Which is where I get lost.

20. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I have noticed that as well.