1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Need some Afterlife book recommendations

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Fraz-C, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

This is my first post, so just to say hello to everyone.

Over the past few years, I've become quite interested in the afterlife and what happens when we pass over. I really want to learn more, but with so many different books out there it's hard to know where to start and many books seem to cover the same subjects. So far I've read, Proof of Heaven - Eben Alexander, God and the Afterlife - Jeffery Long and Heaven is a Real Place - Gaynor Carillo (this last one was free on Amazon, and quite interesting to get a mediums take on things). I've also seen the film Astral City.

In terms of my own believe I'm not sure what I believe anymore, I start reading up on things and trying to research things online and soon find there's so much stuff out there and different opinions, nde's, psychic mediums, astral travel, spiritualists / spiritism, quantum physics, that I find my head spinning and it's hard to know what sources are credible.

I've read a lot of short NDE's, but I'm really wanting to find a book, which goes into much more detail and structure describing the afterlife, what it's like, what people do, what does it look like, paying more attention to detailed descriptions of scenery and places, functions, crossing over process etc. It would be good to read something quite logical in its approach, but also good to read something that paints more of a picture.

Would really welcome any recommendations, if anyone can suggest some books that might tick my boxes.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

Members here will have their favourite books and I expect you'll get some suggestions in due course. Good luck with your research but in the meantime maybe a look at some of the conversations we're presently having plus some of the older ones might interest you. :)

Kurt and Fraz-C like this.
  3. Fraz-C

Fraz-C New Member

Thanks Mac :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Welcome. I started a thread that Mac pinned.

It is the best original idea I have come up with on the forum (book reviews).

No one comes up with original ideas better than me!

:D

I am currently reading a Trump autobiography, and some of Roberta's books, but you can find the post.

5. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Kurt likes this.