1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help

Discussion in 'NDE The near-death-experience forum' started by Ask21771, Jan 30, 2018.

1. bill zola

bill zola Member

I hope you stay. Your insights are valuable I think. I was brought Roman Catholic and fed a lot of BS. The bible has been rewritten so many times under the direction of whoever was in power at the time. I trust the Nag Hammadi more. Or the Thomas Jefferson bible where he only puts in the words of Jesus.

"he so loved the world, etc" bothers me. He created the world and the problems of the world and he's gonna send his son to take the fall for it!? That "god" needs to take responsibility and step up to the plate. I can not accept that being as "god". The Nag Hammadi refers to this "god" as the archons or the demiurge.

This is a valuable, helpful site for me. Many people searching and agreeing or disagreeing but learning. There are a lot of grieving people here and we get emotional. Hope that makes sense.

Kim ACIM is A Course in Miracles.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Bill, you're right. The afterlife evidence indicates that the Source is nothing like the Christian God, which is based on the Old Testament's cranky Jehovah. Instead, the genuine God is what Jesus told us that God is: infinitely powerful and perfectly loving Spirit.

kim marine likes this.
  3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

That is the way I view the afterlife too! I am an intense wonderer and I don't stop trying to quench my wonders unless they can be quenched with love! I wonder how Gods' breath became visible, and since God spoke this world into existence doesn't it all boil down to God anyway? I wonder, sarcastically, what did God want or hope to accomplish by filling this earth with a bunch of "sinners", as we are so casually called by some? If God is invisible, and NEVER changes why are we visible and considered to be children of God? That question is reserved for those who are limited thinkers. Aren't we supposed to love someone who speaks differently than we do? What credit is it to ones' character to care or love about someone who talks or thinks just as you they do? My love is radical, because I've experienced where it can take me through the NDE which is still manifesting on the outside of me during my life on earth!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Oh, yes! I have that book, but I forgot what the ACIM was. I bought it after Roberta suggested it. I love it.

genewardsmith likes this.
  5. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Member

A Course in Miracles.