1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Need help

Discussion in 'NDE The near-death-experience forum' started by Ask21771, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

That's false. It sounds like something a rigid fundamentalist or atheist might say. It's not an accurate picture of Christianity as a whole.

If that's what you think Christianity is, though, maybe it will be helpful for you to try to disprove that version, using NDEs. Just keep in mind if you're successful, what you've done is disprove one rather limited, third-grade sort of Christianity, not Christianity as a whole.

bluebird likes this.
  2. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

scriptures that say things like "satan masquerades as an angel of light"[/QUOTE]
    Please quote scripture(s)?

3. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

2 corinthians 11:14

4. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

Look I feel like this is getting off track, please I need real evidence that ndes aren't satanic deceptions?

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

What appears to be God in an NDE NEVER is God. The genuine Godhead never appears in a body. In fact the genuine Godhead is entirely what we experience (to a limited extent while in bodies) as human consciousness, and is all that exists....

6. RobertaGrimes

Christianity is wrong. We know that now, since nearly 200 years of abundant and consistent communications from people that we used to think were dead agree EXACTLY with the Gospel teachings of Jesus, while entirely refuting the Christian dogmas that came from Paul and make Christianity essentially no more than a first-century Jewish sect. There is no hell, so you can drop that worry!

7. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

We don't know what religion or spirituality is right or wrong

8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

No, you can't. You might be able to find out if Jesus actually existed, but assuming he did, there's no way to know if he was/is the son of god.
    As I said, religions are based on faith, not proof. You can work out whether or not you personally believe in the tenets of Christianity and whether you feel it is the right path for you, but you cannot find out if it is "right or wrong". And about what, anyway? There are MANY issues addressed by the various religions in the world....now if you mean the issue of "Are NDEs a satanic deception", then the answer is still that you really can never know for sure.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    kim marine likes this.
  9. bluebird

If fundamentalist Christianity is right, then maybe, but it is not reflective of Christianity as a whole, only of the thinking of its most immature members, those who prefer to be led and who are not capable of critical thinking. But I absolutely do not believe that fundamentalist Christianity is right, and if it is then that means that god is an evil bastard and I'd rather spend eternity in hell than with it, anyway.

kim marine likes this.
  10. bluebird

Well said, and I agree.

Ed A. likes this.
  11. bluebird

On this point, I actually agree more with your position than with roberta's. She feels sure that Christianity is wrong, whereas I find that position as dogmatic as that of those who assume it (or any other particular religion) is right or the "truth".

But you should pay attention to what you've just said: "We don't know what religion or spirituality is right or wrong". Exactly. And we can't know for sure, so the best any of us can do is to read up on various religions, decide which one, if any, most closely aligns with our views and morals, and then decide whether or not to become a member of that faith. And that's all.

enby and Ed A. like this.
  12. RobertaGrimes

True, dear. If you never actually investigate what is going on, it is impossible to know it instinctively.

The fundamental problem with Christianity is that it is fear-based, so it lowers our consciousness vibration. We come to earth specifically to raise our vibration away from fear and toward love, but Christianity does the opposite of that! It is quite literally anti-spiritual. It is also not based in the Gospel teachings of Jesus, which we can now independently verify to be true. (Pause and think about how amazing that is!) Good grief, if the religion wants to claim Jesus, why on earth does every denomination of Christianity ignore Jesus??

Jesus told us not to package His message in first-century Judaism. He said, “But no one puts a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results. Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved” (MT 9:16-17). And He could see even before His body died that they were going to do with His teachings precisely what He was telling them not to do! So toward the end of His earthly life He told those of us who would later come along that we should open that wrapping of old religious dogmas and find His truth inside. He said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened” (MT 7:7-8). He also said, “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” (LK 6:46). “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (JN 8:31-32)

Believe whatever you like! But please never for a moment assume that it is impossible to discern the truth if finding the truth is important to you.

Kurt likes this.
  13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

God's Kingdom is only love and it can't be divided: Mark 3:23-26.
    Jesus himself was accused of being Satanic: Matthew 12:22-26
    The Apostle Paul had and NDE: 2 Corinthians 12:2-4

Since God is invisible and we don't need our physical senses to experience God this earth must be a gift for us to enjoy and grow closer to be like Christ. Jesus was not God's son anymore than you are his son, but Jesus was an old soul who gave us a very good image of the totality of what God would be like if he was a man.

Kurt likes this.
  14. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Every denomination of Christianity ignores Jesus? News to me. Pretty sure that's the central focus of most of the teachers I respect. Christianity doesn't promote love? Hm, I guess I must be imagining all the messages of love I continually hear through Christian writers, evangelists, and apologists. Christianity is not based in the Gospel teachings of Jesus? Umm... You seem like a nice person, but your grasp of the breadth of Christian theology seems pretty shallow.

I know you're going to tell me you know Christianity well, because you spent lots of years in the church, were a lector, taught Sunday school, can quote Bible verses, etc. Unfortunately, many churches take a rather fundamentalist, literalist approach and do a poor job of equipping their members to understanding their faith and deal with the hard issues. My sense is that is you were raised with a rather fundamentalist or rigid sort of Christianity, and, like a lot of people, never got beyond that.

I'm glad that afterlife research has enabled you to shake free of some of the downsides of that sort of religion. But the problem is, you view that version of Christianity as the only one. The other problem is that you've taken the rigid, intolerant, dogmatic attitudes you were raised with and just re-directed them -- now back on "Christianity."

enby, kim marine and bluebird like this.
  15. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

What are the chances Ask is just trolling us? Maybe he's the Satanic deception. :p

Kurt, Amore and kim marine like this.
  16. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

:D

Kurt likes this.
  17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that Christianity teaches in a realm of thought that promotes spiritually immature ideas? I don't feel there is a right or wrong way, but there is a better or worse way to illuminate Christ's Spirit residing within all of us. John 14:2-3 tells us that Christ prepared a room for each of us. Doesn't Spiritual maturity mean to become more like the image of Christ, or the Unifying Spirit, as Jesus was an image of Christ when he lived in the world and being able to look at the wrongs of others with love, acceptance and forgiveness? I'm only asking, because that is what I thought Jesus tried to teach us when he lived here as a human being.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  18. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

20. Amore

Amore Active Member