1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Need help

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Ask21771, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

I think it's probably best I step out of this forum. I've lost a lot of respect for Roberta, and it's her forum. If I remain, I'm just going to get into arguments and be a disruptive influence.

It's not good for me to listen to unbalanced and virulently anti-Christian messaging from the admin/owner of the site. It doesn't disturb my beliefs -- I was agnostic/non-believer for 20 years, and I've sorted through a ton of atheist arguments and objections to Christianity (this is child's play compared to that) -- but it just doesn't feel congruent with where I am headed spiritually.

So, it's best if I leave. I've enjoyed meeting several of you. I wish you the best.

2. kim

kim Active Member

What is ACIM?

3. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I have enjoyed your posts, and I respect your viewpoints and agree with a fair few of them. I would prefer you stay and contribute here, but I completely understand if you feel that you cannot.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'd also prefer that you stayed but you must do what feels right for you.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Ed, you know nothing whatsoever about the afterlife evidence. I get that. So there is little point in our continuing to discuss this, but since you have put your opinions into this thread I feel the need to answer your post for others who are actually seekers. I wish I had more time to respond, but I have said it all elsewhere on ALF; here are just a few facts.

1) NDEs and actual death are two entirely different phenomena. This is basic stuff! Only the greenest rookies in this field consider the experiences of NDE-ers to be in any way evidence of what happens at actual death. In the ACTUAL afterlife, there is NO religion practiced; in fact, in the ACTUAL afterlife, having been too devoutly religious can be a tremendous handicap. NDEs prove that our minds easily leave our bodies and return, and they give us a flavor of the fact that the astral areas are love-based. But that is the sum total of everything that afterlife researchers can learn from NDEs!

2) The afterlife evidence is a great deal more than a few accounts from "fallible mediums." I spent close to forty years in studying nearly two hundred years of abundant and consistent afterlife evidence of ALL kinds before I wrote The Fun of Dying, and what is wonderful is that everyone else who has made the same journey has reached precisely the same conclusions. Your assumption that this or that fact that I have mentioned cannot be true because it violates your own beliefs is irrelevant, Ed, since you are trying to understand with access to maybe 5% of your powerful eternal mind complex truths that are far greater than anything you can even imagine from the earth-plane; and furthermore, you are trying to wing it without doing any actual research.

3) You have not read any of my books. All the Fun books have appendices on how the afterlife evidence wonderfully validates the Gospel teachings of Jesus, but also it absolutely proves that all the teachings of Christianity on sacrificial redemption, judgment, hell, and the other human-made dogmas are garbage.

4) It is BECAUSE I love Christians that I am begging them to open their hearts to Jesus and let Him lead them to leave the false, human-built religion that has them trapped in fear so they can accept with joy the love-based truths that Jesus came to teach us! If you saw children playing in traffic, would you not try to rescue them? Or would you say, "Okay, kids, you'll get hit by a car, but you will at least have learned that cars are dangerous so maybe you'll avoid them the next time around." And boy, if you think that I'm down on Christianity, you should ask Jesus Himself how He feels about the religion that claims Him but doesn't take His teachings seriously :-(.

5) If you think that I'm intolerant of religions, have you looked at the way I talk about mainstream science? What I am intolerant of is IGNORANCE, and especially of those who TEACH AND FOSTER ignorance. And you are conflating my intolerance of the false beliefs from which I am trying to rescue people with my somehow being therefore intolerant of the people who are trapped in those false beliefs. THERE ARE IN FACT OBJECTIVE TRUTHS. And Jesus came to help us find those truths!

When you have discovered something important that can help people very much, it is not a kindness to keep it to yourself. True, there are people like you who want to snap-judge and dismiss me, but I shrug. If you won't take the time to do enough research to begin to understand what I'm actually saying, then I have no hope of enlightening you about anything. JESUS CALLS US TO FIND THE TRUTH. "Seek and you will find... " I gave you that quotation above. And He is impatient with those who think they can call themselves His followers if they just follow some man-made religious dogmas without making His teachings the whole point of their spiritual effort!

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”
    (LK 6:46). “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven will enter” (MT 7:21). “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (JN 8:31-32)

Ed, the day finally came when I knew I would have to make a choice. I could continue to stay in the religion that I loved, or I could follow Jesus. Tragically, until we replace the false Christian dogmas with the teachings of the Lord, that is EVERYONE's choice! But I can assure anyone who has reached the same point that I arrived at 15 year ago that you can with confidence choose Jesus. The Lord alone is enough!

kim likes this.