1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

near death experience science explanation

Discussion in 'NDE The near-death-experience forum' started by Storybud68, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I recently watched a documentary trying to show how near death experiences occur,it was quite convincing,but I often wander are they actually anything to do with the afterlife your views especially welcome.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The point has often been made here on ALF that a so-called near death experience is ONLY that. The experiences in an NDE situation are not those of corporeal death - when the body dies and the animating spirit is liberated to return to live again in the so-called afterlife.

It's tempting to think that individuals who have experienced NDE have learned all about what happens in the life that follows the ones we're presently having. That's not the case though.

kim marine, Storybud68 and Kurt like this.
  3. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

cheers mac

Kurt likes this.
  4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

You might like what Anita has to say about the "other side".................https://anitamoorjani.com/about-anita/

moderated

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

o_O;)

At it again JimRich...:(:rolleyes:

:D

6. MauiNui

MauiNui New Member

It's interesting to me that people that have not experienced an NDE can claim to evaluate the validity of what has been shared. Consider what you don't know before discounting this stuff. I was clinically dead for 10 minutes, I had a very specific experience. What's clear now is that it was foolish of me to dismiss things in the past based on my assumptions and ego.

NDE folks, the real ones not the ones selling crystals or whatever nonsense, have no agenda yet tell a very, very consistent message. I encourage folks to ponder that. And consider that we are operating as humans on an extremely limited level of comprehension. - If I visit China, and tell someone about it, I'm not interested in whether they believe me or not, I'm just sharing the experience. And if someone's never been to China, they should consider that they lack the knowledge to make any sort of declarations about whether I actually went to China. Don't mean to be rude, but respect what people are willing to share and consider that the truth is being presented to you relentlessly. Yet we humans think we know better. Tragic and hilarious. Best of luck in your searches.

kim marine, bluebird and Kurt like this.
  7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome MauiNui! And thank you for sharing your testimony here. NDEs are extraordinary experiences, and they tell us so much about the greater reality and what is actually going on! We all should be grateful to Dr. Raymond Moody for coining the term, and for devoting his life to sharing the truth of NDEs. For me personally, the fact that NDEs have repeatedly proven that our minds can happily exist away from our bodies, that those born without eyes can see during an NDE, and so many wonderful other details all have been immensely helpful in my researching and better understanding death and the afterlife.

What NDEs apparently are not, however, is actual trips to the genuine afterlife. Instead, they are trips to other parts of the astral, some of which are very like the afterlife and many of which the dead also visit: it is in the astral that out-of-body experiences of all kinds happen, and also it's in the astral that we meet with our dead loved ones (both while our bodies sleep and in induced experiences). The dead tell us consistently that death is always a one-way trip, and in fact, people having more extensive NDEs will sometimes come to a kind of barrier and will be told that if they go any farther they will die and be unable to go back to their earth-lives. Even Dr. Moody agrees that these experiences are not death. He made that point to me just recently, and he said that is why he called them NEAR-death experiences! Furthermore, he and Dr. Melvin Morse - the pioneer who first studied NDEs in children - these two godfathers of the whole NDE movement only last week posted a video for Dr. Moody's new University of Heaven in which they both made the point that they still know almost nothing about the genuine afterlife!

I love the whole idea of NDEs, but the fact is that the experiences in them are primarily pulled from the minds of the experiencers and the messages in them are usually for the experiencers alone. It is essential that everyone understand that! What we know about actual death tells us at least the following things:

1) The death experience is amazingly uniform, it is a series of defined steps, and it does not include a tunnel and a light. I have read many hundreds of accounts from dead folks received over nearly two centuries, and I have never heard of a single post-death account of anything even resembling the tunnel-and-light phenomenon that is so common in NDEs.

2) There are no religious aspects to a genuine death whatsoever, and religion is not practiced in the genuine afterlife. A few people will find a religious figure at their bedsides as a deathbed visitor, but that seems to be only because they will trust that religious figure most of all; and in fact there is evidence that if "Jesus" comes for you, that is probably your guide choosing to look like Jesus in order to better gain your trust.

3) There is no fiery hell, no powerful devil, nor anything scary about death at all!

It is important that everyone understand these truths because it is important that as many people as possible come to understand genuine death and the genuine afterlife as part of their process of spiritual growth. I hear often from people who have read an NDE account about someone who found himself literally in a fiery hell! By estimates, at least one in seven NDEs is hellish. And many of them are religious, including even a physical God - perhaps even on a bench, as a judge - when the dead consistently insist that God is Spirit, God never takes physical form, and God certainly does not ever judge us! There are accounts, too - especially in children's NDEs - that are full of religious symbols, none of which exist in the genuine afterlife. NDEs are wonderful, but they are experiences unique to themselves. And no one who has returned from an NDE ever has visited the actual afterlife.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    kim marine and Kurt like this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

This is immesnsely helpful.

9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Does someone who has experienced an NDE have experiences pulled from their mind in order to accomplish some voluntary spiritual maturity on their return to life on this terrestrial plane and maybe spur a way to elevate human consciousness?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

NDEs are highly individual. They don't instantly make us more spiritual, but often highly personal information and guidance is given about how to move forward in the experiencer's life; and in fact that seems to be most commonly what happens. But some of what is pulled from our minds is our worldview. Since we will be coming back, they try very hard not to upset whatever religious basis we seem to have. This is especially true of children, who often have very religious NDEs even though there is no religion practiced in the genuine afterlife.

kim marine likes this.
  11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I seem to be able to recall the guides trying to keep religion out of the picture. I couldn't understand why they wanted to during the NDE, but I am able to understand why now!
    I have and still am experiencing many occurrences in life that are very familiar. I have been feeling the familiarity of occurrences since 1983 when I experienced the NDE, but they have grown in intensity. It was like I was in a big movie theater and watched scenes of life. I was the main character in the movie. Every other person I encountered seemed to be like a mime.
    I learned later that I hadn't experienced God's Kingdom, and I was so glad to hear that because I would have been disappointed!