1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Near-Death.com

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by DarthT15, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

Has anyone else here visited this site? It's, In my opinion, a great resource of information regarding NDEs and related phenomena.

http://www.near-death.com/

I hope this doesn't look like I'm trying to promote anything, but I just felt the need to share this.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I have been to that site and read some of the stories, yes. I take all such stories with a grain of salt, but I certainly do find them interesting.

DarthT15 likes this.
  3. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

I agree, It's best to approach such things with an open mind.

4. mac

mac host

NDE accounts may be a great introduction to the notion and message of our survival beyond corporeal death - learning that we live on after we die. :) Please reflect, however, that a near-death-experience isn't necessarily equivalent to what happens after actual death.

And beyond the basics of survival an NDE doesn't put much 'flesh on the bones'. Seekers may wish to consider the wealth of recorded guidance given by spirit-communicators over many decades.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I would echo Mac's wise words. The dead themselves tell us that while NDEs offer pretty conclusive evidence that the mind can easily leave the body, they are an entirely different phenomenon from actual death. Nothing that happens in an NDE beyond the fact of that separation can be taken as evidence of anything about the afterlife itself. That being said, DarthT15, the website you've given is a motherlode of information about the NDE phenomenon - thanks for suggesting it here!

6. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

What a site--I could read there for days. Also, just finished an interesting self-published little book called "Beyond Sight: The True Story of a Near-Death Experience" by Marion Rome. I read it in one sitting but it was worth its price. I agree about NDEs not being precisely the same as what will happen to us after we die, but they're interesting events that can profoundly change the course of a life. There's nothing like leaving the body to shatter the whole materialist, so-called rationalist paradigm. There are days when I wish so much that NDEs could just happen to some of the frothing-at-the-mouth "skeptics" I know;) But then my better nature overcomes my frustration and of course I withdraw my wish...

Amore likes this.
  7. Amore

Amore Member

Learning about NDE's and subsequently reading many of such accounts has changed my outlook on life and afterlife, and somewhat diminished my strong fear I had previously of dying. For that I am so so grateful, and to the people who have gone online and published their stories.

I also realized while reading those accounts, that the 'strange events' I had experienced in the past were actually spontaneous OBE's. This had never occurred to me before, nor did I know that many people have had such experiences.

My go-to place was nderf.org, which has an extensive archive of both, NDEs and OBEs. Fantastic reading!