1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Ndes involving Satan

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Ask21771, May 5, 2017.

1. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

There's a gulf between what I say, and what you appear to make of it, that's so wide it looks unbridgeable. :confused:

2. mac

It's pretty simple, kim.

Refer to 'He' and 'Him' and most regular guys and gals will associate those words with a male, with a man. We don't say you appear to be a female or a woman when someone refers to you as 'she' or 'her'.

Rightly or wrongly I associate references to He - including an upper case letter H - as something straight from the Bible. You choose to use that way to refer to your god and I won't. We're good....

3. mac

"I want to be like the Nazarene. That is what I want for eternity, so that is what I want to Be here."

But wanting alone will never achieve that.

4. mac

"I did not intend to. Words are a flawed way to communicate."

Then perhaps you should use them with more thought and care? Words should be your servant and not your master/mistress.

5. mac

No I haven't read Chopra. Is this where you get your notions?

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I guess I needed to be more definitive in what I said: I try to live as the Nazarene. The Nazarene remains in contact with me.

7. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

I agree. That's what I was saying above -- that there are many levels or dimensions, and this is just one.

Where we differ is, I don't think that means this dimension is "unreal" or "illusion." I just think it makes it limited.

It's similar to how our eyes can only see one narrow band of the visual spectrum. There's a lot going on we don't see. It doesn't make what we see unreal/illusory. It just makes it limited.

[​IMG]

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I have double vision and therefore no depth perception, because my eyes don't work in sync the way uninjured eyes would normally work. I have one eyed depth perception, but that's it. The only reason any of us see this dimension in 3D is because the picture that is displayed on the lens 0f either eye, which is a flat screen, is quickly flipped back and forth by way of alternating the pictures in our mind using light which causes our perception of 3 dimensions. I saw this demonstrated and explained on a television show called 'Brain Games' a little while ago. We live in a 2 dimensional reality.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  9. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

We live in a 3-dimensional reality, but our brains are designed in such a way as to take a couple of 2-D images and construct a fairly reliable replication of the 3-d world. Pretty amazing. But I'm pretty sure we're living in a 3-D (well, 4-d) world. At least, I'm pretty sure I'm 3-D, not flat like a piece of paper. I think I've gained a little weight lately, so I'm more 3-d than I'd like, lol. But seriously, there would be no point for God to construct a brain that sees in 3-D, if our actual world were 2-D. Not to mention, I'm not sure how a 2-D world would even work...

Anyhow, I think you missed what I was saying, maybe in part because I used a visual metaphor, and you have vision problems, and so you didn't really track what I was saying. The same idea can be conveyed with audible sound frequencies. We only hear a small segment of the frequencies buzzing through the air. Doesn't make our hearing unreal, just limited.

That's a metaphor for how I see our reality. it's not unreal/illusory; it's just a very limited slice of the pie. It's fine if you and Deepak see it differently. Whatever works for you.

10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I detect things that I wouldn't normally hear or see since the NDE I experienced. I don't hear them or see them with my physical senses, but I silently detect them in my mind. Why am I able to detect these new vibes? I can only decide that the vibes are from the source of life Who is alive in my mind. The mind is what I want to give all of my attention to, because our mind is the only eternal part of us.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I get these my "notions" from my own mind. Did you ever read that article I asked you about that was written by Craig Hogan when I first arrived on the ALF forum? I posted the link. There is a section: The Effects of the Consensus on Our Lives. Then the sixth paragraph reads: If we all realized that we are One, that this physical world is a frustrating illusion.... You can click the link and read the article if you wish: http: //www.greaterreality.com/consensus.htm

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.”- Albert Einstein

kim marine likes this.
  13. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Not really. It feels like a conceptual muddle to me. I have experiences which contribute to my growth, and experiences which don't. I don't see the rationale for dividing up experience like that and saying one type is real and the other not real.

Second, it doesn't make sense to me to talk about "that which carries the experience (physical reality)" as illusory or unreal. If it is capable of carrying a real experience, there is something real about it. In fact, the phrase you're using in parentheses indicates that. You can't get real from unreal, any more than you can get something from nothing.

I think it goes back to the issue of how we define terms. To me, "illusory" and "unreal" convey that there is nothing real about it -- no reality to it. It's a figment of my imagination, almost like a delusion or hallucination.

So I just don't like those terms; they don't make sense to me and don't match my experience. But like I've said, if it works for others, cool.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  14. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

He could've said it the other way around, too (in fact he did; E=MCsquared is an equation that goes in both directions). It's not either/or; it's both/and.

15. RobertaGrimes

I think his point is that our obsession with solid matter is a bass-ackward way to look at reality. (That is a genuine scientific term ;-).

16. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

I'm not a materialist. I said earlier that I believe there are many different levels of reality, and we're just experiencing a small slice of the pie.

But I don't see our lives here on Earth as illusory or unreal. I see them as limited and narrow in perspective, but that doesn't make them unreal, any more than my dog's experience is unreal for her, just because it's limited.

p.s. Sorry, don't mean to bang on about this. If other people like referring to their experiences as unreal and illusory, that's fine. It doesn't make sense to me, but if it works for them, more power to 'em.

bluebird likes this.
  17. mac

And you know this because.......?

18. mac

It's one possibility - hands up who favours this one!

19. RobertaGrimes

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.” - Max Planck

kim marine likes this.
  20. mac

I don't see you banging on - you're offering food for thought on a topic that's divisive. No-one necessarily has the 'right' answer and no-one is necessarily wrong either. Perception influences some of the values we choose. It's where benchmarks can aid consistency of approach.

Ed A. likes this.