1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Ndes involving Satan

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Ask21771, May 5, 2017.

1. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

How many people have reported encountering Satan during an nde

2. mac

mac host

Near Death Experience isn't a Satanic one. If anyone were to believe they had seen such an entity you could reasonably assume they hadn't experienced near death and were mistaken.

3. Daniel Rizo-Patron

Daniel Rizo-Patron New Member

You create your reality based in your beliefs and expectations. If that is what you think will happen to you then you will create that experience, based on your belief system. Satan as an entity does not exist we created it as part of some religious systems for control based on fear which is the opposit of love, you decide which one will you follow.

Craigler, ShingingLight1967 and Amore like this.
  4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I grew up in a Baptist family that believed 'The devil was alive'. I really never understood that statement as it seemed so ridiculous to begin with.

There is no Satan nor a hell. Satan and hell is simply a metaphor of negative human intent and reactions that we've all created on earth.

The only hell and devil that exist is within our own mindset .

5. Daniel Rizo-Patron

Could not said it better, I was raised Catholic.

God bless, Namaste.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

To attempt to directly answer this question, it has been reported by some of the leading afterlife researchers that something over ten percent of NDEs are unpleasant or hellish. Since the events of each NDE are apparently pulled from the mind of the experiencer, the fact that NDEs will occasionally include a fiery hell is not surprising. Experiencers who find themselves in hell have only to call for help, and immediately they are out of that illusion.

I haven't heard about or read an NDE account that included Satan as an actual entity, but I'm sure such accounts must exist. After all, many NDEs include God as a person - something else that doesn't exist, an anthropomorphic God - so why should Satan be left out?

Those who have said here that hell and Satan do not exist are of course exactly right!

Craigler and Amore like this.
  7. Daniel Rizo-Patron

There is a good example about this in the book from Rajiv Parti, MD "Dying to Wake up , A doctor's voyage into the afterlife and the wisdom he brought back" where while his NDE he did went to this hellish place, and smell the sulfur and felt the suffering and saw Satan like creatures from where his diseased father saved him from and took him with him to a safe heaven, It was interesting what his concept about his actions and remorse for them had been the reason based also on his belief system that he will end up not in heaven but in a place of suffering.

Great read for anybody who is interested in NDE's and how much can these change our lives as it happened to him.

Love, Namaste

8. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

What is the best rebuttal to the idea that ndes are satanic deceptions

9. mac

mac host

The best rebuttal might be personal investigation into the situation leading to persuasion about the details learned.

10. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

I've tried that, nothing I found disproves the idea

11. mac

mac host

Then what will you do - believe it's the truth?

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

For them to be satanic deceptions, there would have to be a Satan, right? Here is why I am confident that in fact there is no Satan:

1) We know that NDEs are highly variable, and are subjective - i.e. religious people have religions NDEs; atheists have non-religious NDEs; guilty-feeling people have hellish NDEs; children always have happy NDEs; etc. When you study a lot of NDEs you become convinced that when the dead are telling us about them is true: they are a separate phenomenon than death, and they are composed of events pulled from the experiencer's own mind and beliefs.

2) Dead communicators consistently tell us that there is no powerful entity set in opposition to God. There are for sure plenty of demonish nasties, but they are weak and they can trouble only the vulnerable.

3) The dead tell us that the punishment level is not hot, but rather it is cold and dark and smelly and nasty; it's what Jesus called the outer darkness. And those who end up there are never put there by anyone but themselves.

4) There is no judgment by God, by Jesus, or by any religious entity, and in fact Jesus tells us this in the Gospels: he tells us that neither He nor God ever judges us.

5) The physics of consciousness requires that the more loving an entity is, the more powerful it is (so God's power is infinite); the more fear- and evil-based an entity is, the weaker it is, so apparently the most evil entities of all are likely the shadow-men. They lurk in closest and try to scare people because they feed on fear, but they are so weak that just keeping a nightlight on renders them unable to function.

There is no Satan. You can take that to the bank!

13. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Ask21771,

I do not personally believe there is any such being as "Satan" or a "Devil". Therefore, I feel no need to attempt to rebut the idea that NDEs are "satanic deceptions". In any case, it's only a very small percentage of NDEs which are said to feel "bad" or "hellish" in nature, or to involve a seeming "demon", so even if some kind of "demonic" being were to exist, it's got nothing to do with most NDEs (which are generally reported to be peaceful, loving experiences).

To whatever degree NDEs may involve any sort of judgment or the seeming appearance of any kind of demon, in my opinion what is actually going on there is that the person's own psyche is trying to convey something to her/him about the way s/he is living and conducting her/himself, the way s/he is treating others, etc. Very similar to the way our subconscious often works through our dreams, though perhaps with a slightly more spiritual/metaphysical bent.

Amore likes this.
  14. Amy

Amy Member

The best rebuttal? Dunno!

Perhaps maybe try to feel the sunset? Look at it for a while. Is it genuinely nice, or is it hellish deception trickery? Go with what you heart, mind and senses told you. The first one will be the right one. x

Amy