1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Ndes containing pro christian messages

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Ask21771, Nov 5, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Of coarse not. The Spirit Who gives us life led people to migrate to different locations. The different languages developed on their own.

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

What is Anu?

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

homo sapiens

4. mac

".....emigrating from the destruction of Atlantis."

conjecture

5. mac

alternatively https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-term-Blue-Blood-come-about

or: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-blu1.htm

6. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

That the Tower of Babel story is an absurdity is probably a clue. Well-known science fiction author Ted Chiang wrote a story imagining what it would be like if Genesis were true history. It's fun stuff, but we've learned more about cosmology since Genesis was written. The world isn't flat, for one thing, and we can't get to the dome of the heavens since there isn't one, for another. But that's what people believed at that time and place.

https://www.amazon.com/Tower-Babylo...TF8&qid=1513637146&sr=8-5&keywords=Ted+Chiang

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Yes, as the story relays the idea that humanity spoke one language until people began building the Tower of Babel, at some point during which god became angry at their attempt to reach god/heaven via the Tower they were building; in turn, god caused them to speak multiple languages so that they would no longer be able to communicate in order to finish the Tower. According to the story.

Linguistics demonstrates the ways in which various languages actually arose throughout the course of human history, when certain languages branched off from others, how the grammar and syntax of various languages evolved, etc, all of which occurred at least in part due to human migration. All of that did not occur in one instant, at the whim of an angry god.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  8. bluebird

We may disagree on how that occurred, but we agree on the outcome. :)

kim marine likes this.
  9. bluebird

It isn't, actually, but you are welcome to hold whatever opinion you like.

I've explained to you what the field of linguistics is, so I don't know why you're still saying "whatever that is" in reference to it.

I'll try to explain this to you more simply: In part, linguistics traces the development of the variety of human languages, and in doing so directly contradicts the story of a vengeful god causing humanity to all-at-once speak different languages.

If you prefer to believe in the vengeful god version, feel free to do so.

10. bluebird

I said believe in the vengeful god version if you prefer, since you clearly don't believe in the linguistic/historical version. I didn't order you to believe in that version. You are free to believe whatever you like, as we all are.

As for PMs with you, I prefer and choose not to. ;)