1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Ndes containing pro christian messages

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Ask21771, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

What percent of ndes contain a "be a good Christian or go to hell" type message?

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I can't tell you that in terms of percentages or anything, but speaking anecdotally, I can tell you that I have read a lot of NDE accounts, and most of them are not of that sort. As far as those few I've read that were like that, I believe that the people who experienced them in that way only did so because that is what they expected, not because that is actually what the afterlife (if there is one) is like.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

There are no statistics compiled about such issues. What's your interest in the subject?

4. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

I've read lots of NDE accounts and can't remember a single one that had that messages. The messages are overwhelmingly those of love, compassion, kindness, care, and forgiveness.

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I have found the same to be true of the NDE accounts I have read. Hopefully that truly indicates what the afterlife, if there is one, is actually like.

Ed A. likes this.
  6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I have never heard of any NDE that contained a negative message like that, and I have read many! Some NDEs do contain Christian trappings, but in every one that I have seen these bits were pulled from minds of Christians - especially young children - and used to comfort them. Some NDEs ARE negative, and some do actually involve hell; but as soon as the experiencer calls for help, he or she is out of the hell illusion.

Widdershins3 and Ed A. like this.