1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

NDE-saw future life events

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by kim marine, Nov 4, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Member

We will just have to agree to disagree. There is nothing to be gained here in this temporary realm of life that I couldn't live without.

2. kim marine

kim marine Member

I read something on here about a year or so ago and he seemed displeased with the direction of things.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

So what's your point????

4. mac

How do you know? All you have is the limited perspective you're adopting. If you behave like an ostrich you'll get a tiny, myopic view of a huge world but if that's what you want then it's your prerogative.

5. kim marine

kim marine Member

I was wondering if you could repost that letter

6. kim marine

kim marine Member

It seems you have it backwards.

7. mac

I'm basing what I say on what you write.

8. mac

Which letter?

9. kim marine

kim marine Member

That is just it. What I saw and experienced while unconscious is unable to be put in human words, so there is no basis for your degradation of what I say when you read what I write.

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

No Kim, this is my website, although Craig is my very dear friend and he does once in awhile show up here.

11. mac

I wasn't denigrating what you experienced.

But it's your story and you wrote it up in human words - if you weren't able to express what you experienced it's not my failing. I'm just your reader but I'm not a dumb one. I've been around this stuff for a fair few years and I've heard other stories like yours. What I'm questioning and challenging is what you're taking from your experiences.

Maybe, though, your kind of reaction is a major reason we incarnates don't consciously remember why we came here and what we left behind?

12. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes, I suppose that you have a point I need to consider. Quite often I allow my emotions to override my better judgment.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  13. kim marine

kim marine Member

Thank-you for setting me straight. It was quite a few years ago when I did some investigating into why I kept having real intense bouts of deja vu after an NDE I had in 1983, but I learned that a more appropriate word for those moments would be precognitive experiences. One source I came across was Greater Reality. I wrote a question and Dr. Craig Hogan would answer. I saw your book, The Fun of Dying, when I was writing to Dr. Hogan and I ordered it. I really like it and it brings me comfort. I have these ongoing moments in my life in which I recall viewing previously or living again. It has been continuing for 34 years. I try to live according to invisible Spirit, or intuition, before living by what I see, and my life seems to be unfolding before me. What do those glasses mean on my thread?

14. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Glasses??

15. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes, my thread isn't far from the beginning of the Introduction and Helpful Information section, and there is a pair of glasses posted on the one I started about having an NDE-saw future life events. There is one thread before mine that has a push tack and four others before mine have a push tack and a lock. I am the only one with a pair of glasses and I just wondered what all of those symbols meant.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. mac

It means you're already contributing to the thread or are watching it. The push pin means it's pinned in that place in the forum's thread listing and the padlock indicates the thread has been locked - no further contributions will be allowed.

17. kim marine

kim marine Member

Thank-you Mac!

18. mac

My pleasure - it may not be obvious what icons mean if a tablet or phone is used to view these threads. I rarely access them that way as a computer-size screen and a proper keyboard are much easier for my old eyes and fingers. :)

19. kim marine

kim marine Member

Will you please explain better, especially the last sentence. Was I being too defensive of my stance?

20. mac

No you weren't being too defensive but there wasn't any need to defend it anyway. Now you've asked I'll try to explain what I have been getting at.

Firstly your near brush-with-death left you with an awareness most of us don't have - I did originally write 'enjoy' but I'm not confident it's something we would actually enjoy anyway. But it also appears to be constraining your interactions with this world. Your overpowering desire (as I'm perceiving it) to live a life that may be different from what you'd planned may also be limiting the 'value' you should be drawing from life incarnate.

I totally acknowledge, however, that this situation might be exactly what you chose for your so-called life plan and if that's the case then you don't need to be here and debating/discussing it because all is known to you. If so then I'll stand back and not comment further. If you're happy with how things are working out for you then there's nothing more to say.

In the general scheme of things, however, if humans were aware why they're here and all that goes with that understanding, it's arguable that this world might be different to a degree that significantly reduced its value for enhancing spiritual progress. Else why would it be the way it actually is?

More ideas to consider?