1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

NDE-saw future life events

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by kim marine, Nov 4, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes I suppose I should have said precognition in the beginning, but at first I did not realize that. When I was first released from the hospital I experienced an overload of deja vu moments. When it never gave up I had to investigate. I saw on the INDES that people sometimes "remember" the future. I had also read in a book by Carol Zaleski about precognition.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

When I use the word 'physical' I mean it in the customary way and physical - tangible - rather than intangible.

We've done 'real' before, at length and without progress about what that word means..... Search the threads here and you'll find previous conversations. If you like a challenge, try defining 'real' for yourself and see who agrees with your version. ;)

3. kim marine

kim marine Member

What did Jesus mean when He said, "The Spirit gives light; the flesh counts for nothing?" I want my to life to reflect His Being. I want to care about others the way He did while He lived on this earth.

4. mac

The Nazarene was indeed a leader to be followed. There's nothing to stop you aiming for the level of caring he exhibited here on earth but try not to be downhearted if you don't quite succeed.

5. kim marine

kim marine Member

Sometimes when I experience something in my life it is as though something I see in my mind is manifesting itself on the other side of my eyes. Like I know it is in me but it is becoming real on the outside.

6. kim marine

kim marine Member

I am going through something in my life that requires patience. If follow the breath of God things seem to happen. I don't want to follow my ways but His. What does it mean to overcome this world as compared to being saved from it?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  7. mac

I don't see any linkage between your ideas and those you quoted of mine when replying..... And a sense of unreality in life - which is the way it sounds to me - can be down to various other conditions.

8. kim marine

kim marine Member

I don't understand what you mean.

9. mac

Why not just live your own life ? You're not going to overcome this world although you may overcome the trials of your life. You don't need to be saved from it. If following your instinct works for you and you're happy in doing it then why not go for it - what's left to question?

10. mac

You quoted my words in posting #28 then added your own but yours didn't relate to mine - why quote me if you're not responding to what I wrote?

11. kim marine

kim marine Member

I am sorry, but I guess I just don't understand things in conversation sometimes.

12. mac

Kinda makes conversation problemmatical then, doesn't it? Has your condition arisen as a consequence of what you described elsewhere? Or have you always struggled to focus?

13. kim marine

kim marine Member

I've only had a problem since the head trauma I had in 1983.

14. mac

I did wonder if that is still causing at least some of the issues you've been talking about.

15. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes, it has changed me all together. I have a whole new perspective on why I am living since I survived that accident. My life is from an invisible source. I experienced that source for 13 earthly days, so to speak, and I want to be like that which I no longer see and not like this that I can see.

16. mac

Your life-threatening injuries led to a life-changing outlook on life. Others have experienced similar leaving them with a changed perspective about life, death and what follows.

Know now, however, that your life here in this world still involves living in this world and continuing to experience whatever life incarnate brings. All that's happened has led you to see things differently, to value life more deeply and want to understand more about the whole situation. But you're still a human being and operating as one; you're not presently integrated with the source of all our being even though you're more consciously aware of that source. Right now you're an individual who has a life incarnate to lead. Try to make the most of that.

17. kim marine

kim marine Member

Does RC Hogan ever post on here anymore? Isn't this his sight?

18. kim marine

kim marine Member

You mentioned in posting #32 that if living by my instincts works than "go for it". So far I have been living by my instincts for the past 34 years and my life has been unfolding before me. I want to live by that instead of my flesh or what I see.

19. mac

Craig Hogan registered as a member, posted briefly some time back, but hasn't been heard from here since then. This website belongs to broadcaster, author and attorney Roberta Grimes esq.

20. mac

Re my emphasis above, you're unlikely to succeed. You are encased in flesh and operate as an incarnate individual; it's why you're here. You can strive towards the highest ideals that allows but you're not living a discarnate existence hence you won't achieve all you might after you have passed over from this world.