1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

NDE-saw future life events

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by kim marine, Nov 4, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Member

I was hit while riding bicycle in 1983. Unconscious 13 days. I saw future events in my life. Have any of you experienced this?

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I have not.

If you are willing to share, I would like to hear more about your experience.

3. Juniper

Juniper Member

I had a NDE and I've seen many future events as well, though they tended to come through dreams.

4. kim marine

kim marine Member

When I as released from the hospital I experienced a lot of De ja vu. As time passed things happened that I realized I foresaw. It has been happening for 34 years.

5. kim marine

kim marine Member

I get encouraged through my dreams but during the day I things happen in my life that seem very and intensely familiar. It is like I am watching a movie that I havn't seen for while and I am able to recall some of the scenes.

6. bluebird

Wow, that is a long time to have deja vu experiences from that one NDE!

7. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Apparent 'deja vu' should be viewed with caution.

Memory is an elusive issue and it's been suggested that 'memory leak' might account for apparently remembered events that actually hadn't been experienced. Our brains appear to be our main 'memory store' and the memory mechanism is a biochemical one that can malfunction. If that happens who knows what bum data may be stored in one's memory system?

But apparently seeing events seemingly destined to occur in one's future may not be linked to memory malfunction. But even if/when events-still-to-happen are truly 'seen' it's debatable what they tell us.

Club Tropicana likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

... and to add one further complication to Mac's excellent comments, there is no objective time. Where our eternal minds are - certainly not in these bodies! - everything is happening Now, from the start of what we think is time passing until the end of it. In truth, all of time is happening at once, in some fashion that we cannot fathom! So... I have long assumed that any sort of precognition was actually a bleed-in from the actual future.

And no, things are not pre-ordained. As best we can determine, both past and future are continuously adjusting according to what is happening Now. This really makes your eyes cross!

9. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Is this what some people theorized as the cause of the Mandela Effect?

I have a personal experience that I sometimes wonder is the Mandela Effect.

I was returning to America with my sister in the 70s. We arrived in JFK to discover the airline we were to transfer to for our home flight was cancelled due to a strike.

The airline was able to hook us up to a flight that was departing in New Jersey. My sister and I continually argue about this. I remember going to New Jersey by taxi. She remembers by a helicopter. Two different versions, something that could not be easily forgotten. When I came across the Mandela Effect last year, I began to wonder if that is what happened to us. Two different version of a time line that converged.

10. bluebird

Possibly, but in my opinion it is more likely that either you or your sister is simply misremembering that portion of your travels. For example, as young children my sister and I once ate an entire stick of butter, by itself (I have no idea why, lol -- it's not as though there was no food in the house. I suppose children just do strange things sometimes). Anyway, we both remember this event happening, but while I clearly remember it happening in the apartment we lived in until I was 9 years old, she just as clearly remembers it happening in the house we moved to the following year. We only ate a stick of butter that one time, so either she or I is wrong, but since neither of our parents remember this happening, we will never know which of us is right and which of us is wrong. In my opinion, something similar happened with you and your sister. You both remember your flight being cancelled, you both remember that you were able to get on a new/different flight in New Jersey, but each of you remembers getting to NJ in a different way (my guess is that you are correct, because private citizens are rarely able to travel by helicopter; the taxi is much more likely). You both remember the event, you just disagree on one of the particulars, much the same as occurred with my sister and me.

11. kim marine

kim marine Member

It seems as though I am watching an old movie and recalling scenes, but now I am able to follow a different direction.

12. mac

It perhaps links also to my points about memory and its elusive nature. Memory isn't always precise; things may not have happened exactly how we recall them. I've been sure I remembered a particular event only then to find I can't link it to anything else and I was then left wondering if it was an apparent memory originating in a paticularly vivid dream.

13. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes. a bleed in from the actual future. That is a good way of stating what I felt like the deja vu was that I experienced because there was something more to it than average deja vu. I experienced deja vu before the NDE!

14. mac

If events are routinely feeling like deja-vu then my guess would be that they could be down to left side / right side memory leakage.

If all these events can be externally verified then they may literally be deja-vu - already seen/experienced. If they can't, even if they are intensely felt, then what does it tell you?

15. kim marine

kim marine Member

You also mentioned precognition. That is another way I considered the deja vu to be.

16. mac

There is no "actual future" so much as a potential future, one of many potential futures that appear to exist somewhere and - as Roberta suggests - are constantly being modified as 'before' and 'after' events relative to any other event.

Without time as we understand the concept, though, before and after have no meaning compared with what we understand them to mean in this physical world.

17. Rassie

Rassie New Member

It is possible, but I seriously doubt this. I was 17 at the time. My sister was in her twenties. It was a memorable trip. We had just toured Europe. Exhausted and anxious to return home, the airline strike was very memorable. I just think I would have remembered a helicopter ride since I have thought off and on about actually flying in one.

18. kim marine

kim marine Member

Some things in my life I said something about before they happened.

19. mac

precognition then, not deja-vu

20. kim marine

kim marine Member

I don't believe that this world is physical, but it is supposed to seem physical so that we interpret our experiences to be real.