1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Nde question

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Litsa, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

That's an interesting analogy. I guess if the spectators were describing the situation of those in the moon from their point of view it would give me some clues that their reality wraps around those lower down. If their descriptions were a complete mismatch, then it would leave me at a loss, as it does now.
    I do try to value them all, since I have no idea yet which is closer to the notion of truth. But I also note the areas where they disagree. Both the areas of agreement and disagreement provide clues as to possible future investigation, I think.
    The issue is that they aren't fully consistent with some other reliable information, like that of spontaneous past life recall by children with intermission memories (roughly 20% of all the ones who have memories at all. Example: https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/intermission-memories#footnote21_1wx0ahk ).
    A few of these provide verifiable information about people and things from the past.
    So I find those a bit more trust worthy. I don't know what can explain the disparity, of course.
    It depends. I think if I got accounts from people who were at the moon, remember being at the moon, but are now back on earth and can provide me with verifiable information about the last time they were on earth, or even things witnessed of earth while on the moon which get verified, I would trust those a lot as well.
    If those on the moon can provide as much verifiable information about Earth, I will also trust them at about the same level, until some even more reliable source becomes available.

I do like your analogy. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    bluebird likes this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Hi Convolution, David Fontana was a British professor of psychology. His book from 2005; "Is there an Afterlife?" has a lot of information about mediums, the Cross Correspondences and so on. He helped with the investigations at Scole in the 1990's. I'm not far into the book which goes into great detail, but so far I have enjoyed reading about his observations of the Cardiff poltergeist which seemingly had no connection with disturbed youth, but rather four middle-aged people in a lawnmower repair and garden accessories shop. "Pete the poltergeist" wasn't violent, but mischievous apparently, and even seemed to try to be helpful.
    To go back to the subject, he deals with NDE's towards the end but I haven't got there yet! There is a great deal of research detailed here.

Convolution likes this.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

My son who is working here today asks me why I need to look into this when there's no evidence any of it is real. He thinks it's a waste of time and energy as the brain plays tricks, people's perceptions are faulty, their memories are false etc. Nothing can be proven, full stop. He knows what I saw and heard, but questions it, or rather, just dismisses it. Trouble is, I'm so caught. I'm not crazy, but the whole idea of surviving on another plane sounds ridiculous to me. It's funny how you can go along a certain route for a while, and someone you trust suddenly puts it to you plainly and you feel quite stupid. I suppose it's to be expected in a way, as none of us were brought up being taught or believing in this. Oh well. I'm not leaving the forum and will continue with reading everything I can find on these subjects. I know there's no proof, it's a matter of faith, like religion. I suppose it's an interest like any other.

4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

You're right about one issue. There is no proof and you're right about a second one - for you it looks like remaining a matter of faith, your faith getting knocked by detractors who have no understanding and likely no experience. You're also right about a third but wrong about the fourth - the subjects of survival, communication et al are most certainly an interest for some of us but most certainly not like any other.... ;)

I hope you eventually find what you need to feel persuaded but that's down to you. Please do stay with ALF but maybe you also need to look elsewhere. :)

5. kim

kim Active Member

How can someone not be interested in something so interesting? Are many humans too infatuated with the life they live here on this earth?