1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Nde question

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Litsa, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Litsa

Litsa New Member

Hi All,

I am sure this question may have been answered....But, I need reasurance...

I seriously try not to watch anything about NDE movies...But there was movie I watched last night called a Perfect Wave. This movie is a testimony of a 1980's surfer Ian McCormack who was into drugs, sex, party, and surfing.

Early in the movie he tells his Mother who claims she heard God speak to her many times, that he no longer wants to attend church as he doesn't feel God's presences and he basically becomes atheist...

So, he goes on a surfering journey and long story short he gets stung by some kind of poisonous string ray and while being transported to a hospital starts to feeling himself dying. During that time he starts to say the Lords Prayer and starts asking for forgiveness

As he arrived at the hospital, he claims that he died for 20 min and went to hell.

He describes it as black, cold and he could see his body transparent. The souls that were there were telling him he was in hell and told him to shut up.

At this point Ian claims he cries out to Jesus, "why am I here" Before I died I asked for forgiveness and said the Lord's Prayer, I don't deserve being here.

At that moment, he claims he saw the "white light" and that it pulled him out of hell. In the movie you hear God's voice saying he had forgave him because he asked for for forgiveness and he said the Lord's prayer just before he died.

Then God asks him if he wants to go back to his life and he said yes as he wants to spread the word of God and wants his Mother to know that there is a God.

Ian is now married, has wife, kids and is a Pastor in England and has his own CHURCH which is Christian based. I've have seen some youtube vids of him preaching the bible...Basically Jesus is the only way to heaven.

But, I am confused if what Roberta says in her Liberating Jesus that Jesus doesn't want Christian type religion...And Jesus is sad that his message was distorted...Only when you love Jesus and worship him you will be saved...

Then why does God allow NDE and people like Ian to preach how he went to hell and then heaven...And if you don't know and worship Jesus you are not going to heaven.

Start yet ANOTHER Christian based religion in the name of NDE experience. Isn't this preaching yet the wrong kind GOD & Jesus? Go around the world preaching your NDE testimony and yet the same message as the Christian based religion.

I loved Roberta's the Fun of Dying and Liberating Jesus. I love Mikey's messages he was a snowboarder and fun loving spirit.

What gets me worried is I left my Greek Orthodox faith, but, I am not Atheist...

But, I can tell you the church damaged me so bad...

Especially because I was sexually confused...I always felt this tremendous guilt for being gay or bisexual...But, and I can be honest I am so afraid God will judge me...I have never been with anyone...

I seriously, have to admit, that I am kind of angry at the Orthodox Christian Church and I would love to see the Christian religious faith crumble. and the real Jesus in liberating Jesus rule the world...

Stop preaching the FEAR, but, it doesn't seem what about Ian's experience? And in the name of God starting a Christian church and religion.

My heart says that Roberta chaneled Jesus but how can we be sure who is correct.

Ian believes in his experience and Roberta (I LOVE YOU) believes in her experience of what Jesus communicated to her.

Kalo

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Here is my attempt to answer your post, which will likely be different in some regards to other answers, so take it with a grain of salt.

1- we are still tidying NDEs and don't quite understand them. They are clearly valid and transformative experiences, but we can't quite say yet whether they for sure prove survival of consciousness. If we are to trust the many anecdotal accounts of veridical out of body perceptions that happens in a minority of NDEs, we could feel positive that perhaps they may indicate survival.

2- We don't know enough about them to say why they happen the way they do. We know most NDErs describe patterns in common, even across different faiths and cultural backgrounds. We also know they also describe lots of differences.

3- A lot of NDErs are atheists and do not experience a hell like experience

4- A majority of NDErs (and apparently mediums and many other mystics) describe that there is no such thing as hell. Instead, they say that immediately after departing tthe body, your consciousness will project whatever emotional/cognitive state you may expect to see. So in the example you provided, it could well be that, being close to death and highly scared, the surfer may indeed have create a hell like state for himself, because that is what he was feeling and expecting to encounter.

5- If you read enough NDE experiences you will notice that after the initial transition, many experience that which seems to be needed for them to accept and grow from the experience into the people they need to become, according to whatever they say or think they are returning for.

6- Most NDErs describe that religious belief is irrelevant. Instead, they say that what matters is to try and love others and yourself unconditionally

7- The vast majority of NDErs, and other sources, indicate that all that matters is love, and all are unconditionally loved on the other side. The only judgement received, they say, is by your own self. All that is ever done is done with the intent to grow and learn, never to punish. This seems to apply without conditions, from Buddha to Hitler.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It is very important that you never forget that NDEs have nothing whatsoever to do with death. The dead tell us that death is always a one-way trip! NDEs happen in the astral, and they are full of things that never happen in completed deaths that were planned (as all natural deaths are planned). No natural death includes a tunnel, a light, any religious symbolism or ideas, hell, judgment, the voice of God, or a physical God. These NDEs feel real, but they are not real! So you can be at peace ;-)!

kim and mac like this.
  4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

Hear, hear and well said, Roberta but that simple response will, I suspect, need reiterating for others.

5. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

What are natural deaths?