1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

NDE Hashtags

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Types With Fingers, Jun 3, 2015.

1. dopier

dopier Member

Sounds like the rebel in you is coming out and slowly prodding you to stop helping to feed their egos, am I close?

2. janef

janef Moderator

My belief is "God" is a Holy spirit of Pure Love, Pure Consciousness, the breath of life. Admittedly, I don't understand evil, but I do not believe it is part of God's Kingdom.

3. janef

janef Moderator

We agree on this bluebird, well said. :)

4. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

poeticblue,

Thank you for your thoughtful and honest response. :) It does seem that we share the same concern, we just approach it somewhat differently I guess. I am sorry for the abuse from your father, and it's good that you and he were able to come to some sort of resolution about that.

I guess I just don't see as "God" the things that you do. Going through ups and downs, making choices, loving and hating, etc. -- to me, that's just part of life/existence, but I don't see how that can be considered "God". I don't know if there is a God, whether it be an entity or something else, but to me, if it's not a sentient being with its own thoughts and feelings, it's not something I can consider "God". To me, life itself and the stuff that happens within it are not God. That said, I respect that your view is different from mine, and that either of us (or neither of us) could be right.

I do agree that most of the bad in this world comes from humans -- racism, sexism, homophobia, hatred, abuse, etc. I don't blame God, even if one exists, for that stuff. I do blame God, if there is one, for the untimely death of my husband (at least in part), but then I've made no secret of that, to say the least.

Anyway, thank you again for your response; I do appreciate it. :)

5. bluebird

Thanks, janef. :)

6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Coolio BB :) I appreciate your response too.

7. bluebird

;)

8. That's an interesting point you make, and I'm willing to believe it, but isn't the part about saying Jesus wouldnt have known about some things in 30 AD assuming Jesus didn't have psychic powers? After all, there are a few times in the Gospels he predicts things that would happen (Peter's denial as an example).

9. Thank you Roberta, I'll do my best.

10. I hadn't considered it before, but how on earth would you go about proving something is not true? It would be easier to prove something is true.