1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

NDE Hashtags

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Types With Fingers, Jun 3, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Well, I don't think we will find out everything until we get there. Don't think we can comprehend it, we don't have a language for it. Totally different than this world. A magical world of perfect harmony, love and peace. No wanting for anything. :)

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

Ask your family members if they've had OBE or NDE experiences!

My uncle and cousin really surprised me with their accounts - I guess a lot of people keep this sort of thing a secret

Like when you're having dinner with extended family, announce the question out loud or something

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friend, I majored in religion in college (I was in college during the Jurassic period ;-)), with an emphasis on early Christian history. The records of the early Church councils include their messing with the Gospels to make them better conform to Christianity. Back then, editing the words of Jesus didn't seem to be the heresy that it seems to us now. Also, you can see it. When Jesus talks about a Trinity, End Times, and a host of other stuff that He would have had no clue about in the year 30 AD, then clearly those passages are later additions!

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

- The OT Prophet Micah said almost 3000 years ago: "What does the Lord require of you but that you do justice, and love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."

- Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself."

Dear Types, if you will live your life strictly according to these two recommendations, you will be very much happier both now and eternally!

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Thank you for answering, janef. If there is a Creator Spirit, or if someone believes there is, then I can understand calling that "God"; I just don't understand why people who don't believe in a Creator Spirit call the lifeforce energy "God".

I agree with you that it is "...impossible to describe or conceive accurately what 'God' is".

6. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I don't think it's possible for any living human to "know the truth" about god or the afterlife or any of that. And there are many possible -- and equally valid -- worldviews.

Don't worry so much about what anyone else thinks, including god, if there is a god (or gods). The important thing, in my opinion, is determining your own morals & values, and then living by them.

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I would like to first state that it is late and I am typing on my phone. So I apologize if my words are jumbled lol.

See above. Yet another concern that we share bluebird. Do you see how everything comes full circle?

To all:

I don't know why people refer to God as if (he/she) was an entity/and or a person. It made no sense to me since the day I was able to comprehend the English language.

I grew up in a military family traveling all over the place with no 'real' home. I was also not baptized as a child and feared that I would go to hell for not being dumped in water at my grandmas church. This never made sense to me because I was told that if I wasn't baptized I would go to hell. Yet in the same breath, my parents took me to church every Sunday and told me that God was loving. As a child, I would cry myself to sleep because how would a loving God send me to hell for simply being myself and un-baptized?

I was abused by my father since I was a child, yet I look at my father till this day and often wonder if the pain that he put me through, was due to his abuse in his past. That is where my journey towards "who is God?" began.

I then began to have dreams that not even my counselors in college could give me advice on. My friends would even make fun of me when I told them that I dreamt of people that were nice and "different" and wore white robes. It was then that Roberta confirmed to me that I was visiting the afterlife/astral realm in my sleep. (This is the extremely short version by the way)

My dad came down with cancer a few years ago and I began to have a lot of dreams where he was apologizing for his abuse. By this time he was living in a different state of the U.S. than I. Eventually I contacted my dad and asked him how he was doing, and all he cared about actually, was how I was doing. He also apologized for what he did to me in the past and that he's been taking holistic classes to better help himself both physically and mentally. I told him that it was ironic because I've been having a lot of dreams about him. (And now I am about to cry... Sorry).....

All of the above in my opinion is God. Going through the ups and downs in order to better understand one another is God. We make the choices and decisions in how we choose to view our circumstances and situations. Sure we can hate one another one day. But the next day, we can choose to love. If we don't choose to love today, there is always the next day or lifetime. God is not a person nor entity. It is us. We hate, love, then forgive wether it takes one lifetime or a million. This is also why I strongly believe in reincarnation.

Why do people refer to God as if God was an entity bluebird? I ask myself that question everyday. You and I are on the same page here believe it or not.

God is energy. Being in human bodies, it is hard to comprehend this. When bad things happen, we as humans want to blame everybody but ourselves. Yes, there is death. Yes, there is crime. Yes, there is racism. But look inward towards yourself and you will see that all of the bad created in this world is not due to an invisible entity (God/devil) . Humans did this. So when we start blaming God or the devil for the hate crimes, rapes, poverty ... Think about it.... Humans did this.. not the spirit.

Again, it is late and I am tired. I hope that what I said made sense. As a spirit living within a human body, there is room for error in what I say. But I digress.
    Goodnight everyone :)

8. dopier

dopier Established Member

What a great point!!!!! Count me as one who truly wants to hear/know what's inside your head.

9. dopier

Types, just a thought...have you a considered a third question: what is NOT true? Could that be the source of the countless sects/truths?

10. dopier

Dear janef,
    For conversation sake and since you didn't emphasize what God is NOT, would pick a bone with someone who also calls God an "evil spirit"? Or is he/she/it only "holy"?