1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

NDE Hashtags

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Types With Fingers, Jun 3, 2015.

1. I was thinking, you know what we could all use? A grassroots campaign to encourage those who had an NDE to speak out, and to make the public more aware of the research into and lessons learned from NDEs. I was thinking since hash tags are so popular, if we have twitter or Facebook accounts we should use hash tags to catch the public's attention. Here are my ideas, please feel free to contribute your own:

#IBelieveinNDEs
    #IStandWithNDErs
    #NearDeathNearMe
    #NoEndInNDE
    #NoShameInNDE

2. Waller

Waller Banned

I'm not a social media user except for a very minor presence on FBook and Pinterest. The idea is solid especially if there is little backchatter on Twitter, FBook and other social media outlets about the NDE/OBE.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. janef

janef Moderator

I don't do twitter... but for those that do, think its a great idea.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

#IBelieveinOBEs
    #IBelieveinTheAfterlife
    #IBelieveinReincarnation
    #IBelieveinLifeCharts

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea, Types With Fingers, but I think maybe if you choose one hashtag to really focus on and try to get other people to use, that might work better -- gives people something on which to focus, and it's easier to get one hashtag trending than it is a bunch of them. Do you have a favorite among the hashtags you (or poeticblue) mentioned?

6. Wonderful, thank you! I'm also adding here

#OutOfBodyNotOutOfMyMind
    #StandWithMeForNDEs
    #StandWithMeForOBEs
    #NearDeathNotNearCrazy
    #NE1CanBNDE

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  7. Oh, that's what I'm doing, this is us brainstorming. It's fun!

So far I like #NoEndInNDE best

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I like that one. I want to change mines around and get more creative now lol. I'm not good with hashtags. I guess I was being too literal. I don't post on twitter so I suck at this :eek:

9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't really do social media either, but people do seem to like hashtags....

I like "#NoEndInNDE" too, for the wordplay. :)

10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

#LivingTheDream
    #AwakeBySleep
    #AstralNomicalExprience

:D

11. I like the #AstralNomicalExperience

12. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

#OutofThisWorld
    #LevitationalPull

I realized that some of my hashtags had nothing to do with an NDE lolz.

13. Welll, I tweeted "Retweet this to spread awareness of near death experiences and to support those who had one! #NoEndInNDE #OutOfBodyNotOutOfMyMind" but so far no one has retweeted it. Oh well.

14. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

What I have learned, dear TWF, is that this is a massive underground movement being orchestrated far above our pay grade, and it is unfolding as it should but perhaps not as quickly as we would prefer. If you will redo your tweet every year on today's anniversary (or more often), the day will come when suddenly it will resonate with a lot of people. Having been at this longer, I can tell you that I have seen amazing things happening and growing in the past six years - and wow, this is only the beginning!

15. Here are some new ones I thought up today:

#noBSinNDE
    #NewDayforEarthlings
    #ISupportNDErs
    #IAcceptNDEs

16. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

#theAfterlifeIsSolid

17. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Heh - Actually, it is solid! Good one, dear Nirvana!

18. Veering to a related topic, I am of the position that we must discover some way to verify that the discarnate entities who communicate with mediums are indeed who they say they are.

This thought was inspired by Roberta's revelation in her latest blog post that there exists a race of discarnate entities who are bent on stopping the development of the soul phone. Assuming they exist, how do we know they or some other heretofore unknown species are not masquerading as our dead relatives? How would we know the difference?

So I present the following hashtags:

#WhoAreTheDiscarnates
    #VerifyTheDead
    #IDsForTheDead

19. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Ignoring the hashtags question triviality, those knowledgeable about mediumship (proper mediumship) have always known that verification of identity is paramount and especially important in personal evidential mediumship. There have always been discarnate mischief-makers just as there have always been incarnate ones. If you listen to their words without first engaging your common sense - in either dimension - then you stand to get misled.

Just as importantly, an apparently unknown species may simply be mischievous or malicious discarnates delighting in presenting themselves as reptiles etc. to those gullible enough to accept them as such.

Go figure!

20. Yes, the concept of discarnate mischief-makers fascinates me. The existence of such things would throw a big wrench into trusting the information we get from mediums about the afterlife. The problem with using your common sense is that it's subjective, and so not scientific. There has to be a scientific way of confirming that a discarnate is who they say they are.

I feel that there should be some sort of an identification system for discarnates, like social security numbers here in the States, but naturally I have no idea how we'd even begin to transpose such a system to the afterlife.