1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Naivety regarding ADCs.

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Maria, May 24, 2018.

1. Maria

Maria Member

I have joined a number of groups on Facebook with life after death themes. I find one of them very comforting and inspiring as so many stories posted there, show amazing proof of the afterlife. What I find poignant however, are the tenuous “signs” such as car registration numbers, and songs on the radio considered to be messages from deceased loved ones. Added to these, are what I call examples of pareidolia, when cloud formations in the sky are thought to be hearts, or unrecognisable shapes in photographs are deemed to be faces of the deceased. Also, red cardinals and butterflies are counted as being visits from the departed. I always therefore think why is it not possible to have more obvious ADCs? Because of this paucity of communication it is so sad that the bereaved have to clutch at straws in naïve desperation, for reassuring signs.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I think you're being a little harsh. We may not be persuaded by the details in the accounts but it doesn't matter what we think - does it? Whatever gets you through the night... But I've asked a question similar to your own; why can't our unseen friends signal their presence in more obvious ways?

I find it sad that evidential mediumship isn't what it used to be and if it's waning as much it appears to be then I hope something better will replace it.

3. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Maybe butterflies are relatively easy.

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I also have some amazing stories about the afterlife BUT noting that could be "proof" of the afterlife/heaven. What is this Facebook group?
    All of my (tenuous) "signs", visitations, communications, butterflies, humming birds, dreams, voices, cloud formations, etc.are and were both obvious and real ADCs - FOR ME! So, to each their own............

5. Monika

Monika Active Member

I believe we all get signs what we can understand and receive best. It is so very personal to my eyes that i would never question signs what other share.
    I do remember from my childhood people saying that they understand birds, butterflies, dragonflies as a message from loved ones. I think most of us heard about this even before we lost someone. So maybe for those who passed it is the first easiest way to let us know about their presence using this method cause they know it is simple way to get our attention and trigger awareness. Then they might become more and more creative sending those signs. Or not. Depends on many factors. That is just my opinion.

And about proving afterlife. I dont know if it possible to prove for everyone. Again it is depending on so many things and it is so personal. I got all my proves already. I can say for me it is proved 100%. But my prove will never be a prove of someone else.

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. Really, I don't understand why we can't all know, beyond any doubt at all, that our dead loved ones still exist in an afterlife (assuming that they do). Failing that, however, I do think that better signs would help people. I have had some signs, some of them pretty strong, but I still don't know, and I doubt I ever will unless/until my husband actually comes to me, or when I die.

Monika likes this.
  7. mac

It seems our situations are so polarised. Some get signs and symbols that help them cope whereas others get nothing, or little, that can help them. It's so sad....

8. Monika

Monika Active Member

And maybe he will come. Why not? Maybe he is just waiting for the moment. I wish from all my heart that you get the prove you need♡
    Of course sooner is better but thats not completely up to us only :)

bluebird and Bill Z like this.
  9. Monika

Monika Active Member

Yes, i agree too completely that it is very sad :(

Bill Z likes this.
  10. bluebird

Thank you, that is very sweet. I hope so, too.

11. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Mac, in your opinion, what do you think caused this change in evidential mediumship? Why is it waning? Thank you.

12. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I think that for some of us, should we receive a sign indicating the certainty of an afterlife, we may end up doubting it a little while later. I know several people who received real "stunners" as proof of the afterlife, proof their loved ones are fine. They keep that certainty of an afterlife for a while, but after a matter of days or weeks, some of them begin to doubt the experience, wondering if perhaps it was just some sort of visual/auditory hallucination.
    I really think a lot has to do with an individuals' makeup, and what constitutes "proof" for one may not be enough proof for someone else. Jmho.

pandora97 likes this.
  13. Maria

Maria Member

The Facebook page is called Proof of Life After Death

I fully agree Ravensgate. It is a lovely surprise and so exciting to receive a strong sign, but it is also very fleeting. As a result, we either doubt it or want more signs again like that. It is a hunger that constantly needs fulfilment as what we are really seeking is the permanent return of a lost love one despite knowing the reality that this will never happen.

pandora97, bluebird and ravensgate like this.
  14. mac

I could say I think it's because other forms of communication are developing, forms that don't need an intermediary, a medium. But for the moment that's more a hope than a belief.

What does seem a possible reason is that the intended courseof mediumship - as found in in Modern Spiritualism and in Spiritism - has run its intended course. The message of survival communicated in these two philosophies has been communicated. Its immediate impact came and went. The mediums of yesteryear are dead and gone, their spirit-side co-operators have presumably moved on to other roles. Unless a new wave of both appear soon it looks to me like it's all over for that form of collaboration.

The movements that developed from those long-gone times are alive but not as visible as they once were. (although Spiritism is apparently still buoyant in South America) Maybe there won't be any new movements to replace them; maybe self-guided communication will be the next way?

15. mac

Well expressed! :)

But as with many other issues in life, how we react individually to signs and symbols, or indeed actual trans-dimensional contact, may vary from person to person. A few individuals may be quickly reassured by just a couple of bits of information or perhaps just a single message. Others will need more to feel convinced. Yet others may not react positively to whatever they do receive or experience, even when they no longer have any doubt. And finally some may never be reassured or may not receive enough - or any - persuasive indicators of their loved one's survival.

16. bluebird

Stop talking about me.

Lol, I'm only kidding. ;) I mean, that absolutely HAS happened to me, but my "stop talking about me" is meant only to be funny. :)

ravensgate likes this.
  17. bluebird

Yup.

18. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I know you're kidding. We talked about this in the past, and I'm sure you'll remember me telling you that I too, more often than not, end up doubting my experiences! ;) It's the way we're built, bluebird.... hehehehe. Sometimes I wonder why I do not receive more signs; perhaps the spirits go something like this, "What's the point? We try and try and get dismissed", lol

bluebird likes this.
  19. bluebird

Yep, I know you know. ;) Just wanted to include a disclaimer in case anyone else reading didn't realize.

You may be right about spirits, but if you are then I wish it wouldn't be that way, and I don't think it should be.

20. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I mentioned it because I remember that when I was floating close to the ceiling, telling my mother to stop screaming and to just look up at me and she would not listen, I quickly grew impatient (my type A personality was in bloom already, lolol) and basically thought, "Well then, forget it, I'm not going to waste my time if you pay no attention". I don't think anyone knows exactly how it all works o_O

21. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Thank you, mac; appreciate your opinion. You may have something there in regards to self-guided communication!
    What I know is how well EMDR seems to help the grieving, especially those who are torn by feelings of guilt. However, at this point, it is a technique that requires the guidance of a therapist.

22. bluebird

Were you a child when that occurred? If so, I hope it was just normal childish impatience, as opposed to the way all spirits always are. Not that I blame you, lol, I just hope that my husband doesn't feel that way.

23. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I was 5 or 6.
    If memory serves me right, I believe that in one of her posts Carol did mention that spirits will eventually stop trying if we cannot pick up/recognize the signs they send. To be sure, I have no idea if she meant all spirits :confused:
    P.S. you know about your husband, bb. We did discuss that, remember? ;)

24. mac

It seems logical to me that our spirit family and friends might feel there's little point in continuing to try to signal their presence when the signs they manage to send aren't recognised or aren't accepted. And I'm sure there are more interesting things to do in the worlds etheric - at least I hope there will be!

ravensgate likes this.