1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

My Story

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by 2017account, Jul 23, 2017.

1. 2017account

2017account New Member

Good day Afterlife Forums,
    My name is John and I study (karmic) astrology. I've been introduced to reincarnation through the series of Slyvia Browne books in my library. Her vision of Heaven, life-planning, and reincarnation is almost identical to what she has said. Although, I think she has a bad reputation for being fraud?

Studying this is very interesting but very intense from me. I have come from the Past Life Forums over at reincarnationforum.com. and it was refreshing and very nice to see a whole forum focused on the afterlife and pre-birth planning.

I've studied the Holocaust recently, and it can get really intense to think about it. I've also read the Diary of Anne Frank for school, and I've felt the same way.

I mean, I feel completely calm right now. At times, studying about the afterlife/reincarnation can be really emotionally draining to me. I even find myself able to stay up all night listening to the radio.

I apologize if this post isn't structured well, and I may not be exactly clear in how I feel.

I've read quite interesting posts here, especially the one with parents writing letter/connecting to their children in the "Summerlands", children able to forgive their murderers, and also a link that lead to a Channeling Erik article on Adolf Hitler. Because of the Holocaust, I've been very interested to see where Hitler ended up.

I really think this forum is interesting. That is all.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, and we look forward to your contributions!

2017account likes this.
  3. 2017account

2017account New Member

Thank you!

4. mac

mac host

You didn't ask for a reaction but nonetheless my personal feeling is that it may not be beneficial to be focused so firmly on the matters you have indicated. I have concern about what you say here (quote): "I've studied the Holocaust recently, and it can get really intense to think about it. I've also read the Diary of Anne Frank for school, and I've felt the same way.

I mean, I feel completely calm right now. At times, studying about the afterlife/reincarnation can be really emotionally draining to me. I even find myself able to stay up all night listening to the radio."

Moving on you're mistaken about something here on ALF. It's not a website with "...a whole forum focused on the afterlife and pre-birth planning." It's true that - as you should expect - there's a focus on issues about the so-called afterlife and there are many threads and postings on the subject. But the aspect of pre-birth planning is much less discussed here and my guess is that there's more uncertainty, less willingness to accept what's claimed, than there is even about survival beyond death and 'what happens next'.

Again it's a personal view but I think it's important to have a good overall understanding of the way the afterlife has been painted by guides and teachers widely respected as knowledgeable and spiritually-advanced. Highly specific issues such as forgiveness of murder, the fate of Adolph Hitler etc. are interesting but not particularly significant to regular guys like ourselves, well like me if you prefer.

I, too, have considered such issues at length and sought guidance but now I'm firmly in old-fart-senior territory I'm seeing those matters differently from how I used to. BUT a general understanding of the general picture is much more important to me. The complexity of pre-birth arrangements etc. we have little detailed knowledge and that applies to us personally as much as it applies to people we've never known.

But I guess that as a 'karmic astrologer' the issues I've spoken about don't much interest you. As for Sylvia Browne well in my view it's best to look for corroboration in what any sensitive says about 'stuff'. A sensitive may know the basics of survival very well indeed and if what they say is what guides and teachers also say then you're unlikely to go far wrong. But if you heed a sensitive's ideas that are different from those of widely-respected teachers then you're in uncharted territory.

At such times it's always wise to exercise caution.

2017account likes this.
  5. 2017account

2017account New Member

That was a interesting post. So, you're saying is that I should develop a better outlook on the afterlife?

Thanks for the reply though.

6. mac

mac host

No I didn't say you should a better outlook and I didn't mean that. If you have a specific question on a specific point I made then I'd be happy to enlarge on what I said.