1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

My Philosophical Ramblings

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jimmy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Ok, so I joined this forum, commented a few times, and read a bunch. These are my own thoughts, read it, dont, I don't care, I am just going to ramble for a bit. And yes, these thoughts take place usually under the influence, but I think there is something to that, like you are more open....anyway.

I always go to the core, the beginning......what is the beginning? The bible tells us there was God, and yada yada yada, he created.... No mention of where God came from, he just was. I can't make sense of that. Science tells us there was a big bang. But what before that, what initiated the big bang? Was there a prior universe that crashed in on itself? If so, how did that begin........the same way? Well there has to be a beginning....right? When was that? None of this makes any sense.

I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that makes any sense, any sense at all, is absolute nothingness. There should be nothing, no universe, no life, no anything. ....well obviously that is not the case, I am writing this, you are reading it, we all are here somehow. So, we are left to make sense of what is. I have made peace with the fact that I don't know. How could we know, we dont.

What makes the most sense to me from what we have to work with, is that since we can't pin point a beginning, because there is no logical answer to when that was, is that there was no beginning. What has been, has always been, and always will be. There is no beginning, and there can't be any end. And I know that has been said before somewhere, but that is the only thing that can make any sense. My existence, my thoughts, my feelings, my personality, my very core, cannot just become......poof, into existence from nothing, just doesn't happen, nor could it just slowly die out and cease to exist, or quickly die out if it happens that way.

Anyway, my vote would be for nothingness, but since that is not the case, I think the most logical conclusion is for all eternalness for everything.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

There's not much I can say in response to your ramblings but I hope you're enjoying being part of ALF. :)

SashaS and Kurt like this.
  3. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

Despite the rambling...somehow, Jimmy got it right. We are eternal beings...just like God...there was no beginning & there is no end...well done, Jimmy! Also...god initiated the big bang...also, don't get hung up on the physicalness of it...we are not physical beings, except when we choose to be and then your questions come into play, otherwise...not.