1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my Lorraine readings - some parts of my 10 readings with her speaking to my Dad

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by annabanana87, Apr 26, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Absolutely brilliant! how can there be proof/evidence of death if they are still communicating with us?

2. janef

janef Moderator

Thank you Carol. As tradingdavid has said, look at it statistically, the probability is a no brainer. :)

3. tradingdavid

tradingdavid New Member

The motivation of the aliens would be irrelevant to the point. Say because you're a reality entertainment program. The point is you can't rule that out 100%. There's no way to verify that or the above scenarios aren't happening. You don't believe in Aliens because that scenario is implausible or extremely unlikely. Just like in quantum physics anything can happen including a virtual duplicate of you husband appearing in front of you. (note the possibility would be unlikely to occurs in the timespan of billions of universes, but still possible.) If you do rule it out 100% (by saying it you know it in the literal sense then you are adopting a information heuristic that is slightly delusional, even if it might be useful in processing your reality. )

Your standard of proof is very high. I'd say somewhere to the upwards of the equivalent of 99.999%. I understand this. Even if I guestimate the possibility of something just being a coincidence at 100 million to 1 I still think that's a possibility which bothers me because the issue is very important.

So the suggestion was more tilted to trying to analyze what you would consider acceptable proof and to what extent that would rule out your husband not surviving in some form in a probabilistic basis. For example

Full appearance for brief howdy 99.9999%
    In mirror and gives location of lost object 98.5
    medium gives location of lost object compelling personal information 85
    medium gives compelling personal information 35
    Voice in head compelling 25
    etc.
    Then draw a line where you'd feel okay keeping going with a reasonable degree of certainty.

4. janef

janef Moderator

I agree with this tradingdavid. I have a sister who can accept there is an afterlife of some kind, but not accept that we can communicate with them, regardless of the evidence. She said our Dad visited her and pinched her on the arm, it woke her up, she saw a dark figure...then later dismissed it like maybe it didn't really happen. So, could it be something in the personality that some people just cannot conceive it?

5. Waller

Waller Banned

If you don't see the signs, you have set your expectations and are unwilling to allow spirit to communicate using their least path of resistance. As long as one insists on expectations to be met, the only expectation you can expect to get is what you don't expect.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  6. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Bluebird, I could very well be wrong, but there are times when I think that you will stop doubting yourself and any of the possible signs you receive(d) after you leave your physical body. Still, I do hope your reading with the medium will go splendidly for you, and that you will receive confirmation of your husband's survival.
    Not sure if the medium you'll be consulting offers a recording of the session, but if she does, I hope you will accept it. It may help down the road, should you begin to experiences doubts.... provided the session is successful, of course (however you would define "successful").... :)

7. Waller

Waller Banned

Again.

You cannot perceive what you are not the vibration of.

8. Waller

Waller Banned

You can be absolutely certain that if you cannot see that 'life' is a consciousness-based illusion that you will most certainly be out of control of your 'life'.
    You structure your reality. If there is fault, it is yours. Life is meaningless in its fundamental consciousness construction.

It's your choice, as always, it's your reality to create, as always.

9. Waller

Waller Banned

Why does it always have to be this OR that? Why not this and that?

You are dead (physically/illusory) in some 'lifetime' and alive (Higher Self) all the time regardless of your physical status.

See sig below or Look 'Down', Not 'Up'

10. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Well, if I find that I still exist after I've died, that would definitely remove a lot of the doubt, lol -- if I still exist after physical death, than I would know that my husband does as well. :)

Thank you for your kind thoughts; I also hope the reading goes very well. She does allow it to be recorded, and I do plan to do so.