1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my Lorraine readings - some parts of my 10 readings with her speaking to my Dad

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by annabanana87, Apr 26, 2015.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate that. The reading is towards the end of June.

2. bluebird

ravensgate,

You know how it is for me, and you're right -- I will likely doubt whatever happens. I don't want to, but I probably will. But if I can actually see my husband and hear him speak to me and speak to him, I think that is the thing most likely to help, the thing most likely to possibly convince me there's an afterlife.

I can only hope that if there is an afterlife, my husband does not get so frustrated that he stops trying to communicate with me. He knew about my doubts in life, knew that I was agnostic; he doubted more than I did (he was closer to atheist). He also knew about my anxiety and OCD, which I am sure at least affect my ability to have any faith. That is -- he knows me, he knows who and how I am, so I believe he understands.

I had not connected the window & curtain thing to the window you mentioned to me, though I do remember you mentioning it. Didn't you mention something about our cat as well? I guess I was looking for or thinking about something to do with the window and the cat together.

3. bluebird

True, and I am sure if I do see my husband it will not be enough and I will want to keep seeing him -- but I think that is normal and expected. I don't see how it could be any other way. For me, the fact is that not seeing him, not knowing if he still exists, is much worse. I hope the visit with the medium helps in some way, I hope my husband still exists and is able to come through and that I am able to believe it is him.

Ultimately though, for me, the only real relief will come when I die. At that point, I will either be with him or I will cease to exist, and while of course I very much want to be with him, either outcome is preferable to this current life.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. bluebird

Thank you, annabanana. The reading will be in late June. I will consider a reading with Lorraine at a later date, but I really feel that the medium I will be visiting is the one I should visit (at least the first one).

As I said to ravensgate, I can only hope that my husband does not become too frustrated with me. He doubted these things more than I did, so I think he should understand. I definitely don't ignore the possible signs, and I always thank him for them when they occur. I cannot help but doubt them after a few minutes or hours or, at most, days. I wish I didn't, but I do. I have "said" to my husband that he is welcome to take and use my energy, and that I want him to do so, in order to manifest. I don't care if it hurts me or kills me, though I know he wouldn't/doesn't want to do that. But the fact is that my life without him is worthless to me, so anything he needs to do in terms of using my energy, in order for me to know he is ok, would be worth it.

5. Visitor

Visitor New Member

June when? Your first post was in January 2013 and you have waited until now? On a tight budget? :p

6. bluebird

I made the appointment a few months after my husband died. May 2015 was the earliest open appointment she had. My sister and brother-in-law will be taking me to it, and they had something come up for that entire week that would have been very difficult to change, so luckily I was able to shift the appointment forward a few weeks.

And yes, I'm on a tight budget, one which includes bankruptcy and food stamps. Not that you actually care.

7. janef

janef Moderator

The only people I know that have seen a departed one was very brief, like flossie said of her Dad seeing her mum briefly then she faded away. I know of several others which was the same with no words, one saw the image of his face on the wall, another saw her mom in the mirror. I may be wrong but I don't think it is like they are still alive in flesh, can have a conversation and act like a human, they are a spirit. And yes, I have heard it takes alot of energy for them to materialize and its usually early after passing. The only person I know who had a conversation with a 'spirit' is our member Highlander, but it was his spirit guide who showed up, as he said "in flesh" He saw his Dad too just a few min. after passing. Wish we all could. :)

8. Visitor

Visitor New Member

You are right, I don't care and you don't care about me so we are even. It took you that long to see a medium or to save up money? I know several very good mediums that would do you for free. So do others. So do many. Food stamps and an internet connection. Does your government know?

9. bluebird

I don't know you, so I have no feelings for you one way or the other.

As I said -- the first appointment she had was May 2015. I specifically want to see the medium I am seeing. As for the money -- I got a small tax refund, the bulk of which is going to pay for the reading.

Food stamps are a separate thing from internet connection -- I had to report my income accurately, which I did. So yes, the government knew, ffs.

10. janef

janef Moderator

I agree, it doesn't bother me either, but don't think its a good idea. I didn't think Visitor was too fond of Waller.... ???