1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my Lorraine readings - some parts of my 10 readings with her speaking to my Dad

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by annabanana87, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

I really am so glad it was such a positive experience for you, janef. Chicken-me would have asked to keep any tragic/bad stuff to herself. I'd spend/waste my time stressing over it, lol
    There are a few people I would like to "hear" from. Wonder if Lorraine could also provide any info on my beloved pets?

2. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Anna

I can agree that those early days after passing are rife with clues our loved one who has passed is around us but we are too grief stricken to notice them all. As I have said before - in my innocence I really thought mum would show me physically she was ok and it didn't happen. I had this happen with my dog three weeks after losing him, but I always think there is a reason for if we do or don't and it is in our best interests although we may not realise it at the time.

I had not heard of the 'passing children over the casket' tradition before. I have to say I would have had nightmares had I had to experience this. I am such a wimp, lols! Some traditions make things more accepting and natural I suppose. I have always been the nervous of everything type.

It is very interesting what you said about hearing your mum talking to a man who she says was your dad. You know you heard another voice but can't be sure who's it was. This rings something in my memory from many years ago but whatever it was won't come to me. Life and death is very strange.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I can't agree with this part of what you said. It may be true in some cases, but I know it's not always true, because it's not true in my case. I'm completely miserable, and that could only be improved by my husband actually coming to visit me.

4. janef

janef Moderator

But you said you did see him, along with others who saw him too, you even described him wearing his cap, but you will not acknowledge it. I have not heard of anyone seeing them more than once. ONCE is a gift.

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I saw what seemed to be his image, kind of imprinted in the pull down curtain in a neighborhood coffee house, while my sister's band (for which my husband was the drummer) performed there. I am grateful for that possible sign, and I have and do acknowledge it, so you are incorrect to say otherwise.

But that is not proof, to me. That is not seeing him. Maybe it is different for you, but for me, all the possible signs I have seen/experienced are exactly that -- possible signs. Not proof. If there is an afterlife in which my husband exists, it is not his fault that I cannot believe in these possible signs for more than a few moments, it is mine, but it is not something that I can change. I can't just "choose" to believe. I need to actually see and hear him -- I really think that is the only thing that would actually be proof to me, aside from possibly whatever occurs at my medium reading. I realize that I may never see/hear him while I am still alive, I'm just saying what I need.

6. janef

janef Moderator

I sincerely hope you get more proof in your medium reading. Please let us know. :) Is it soon?

7. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

I really do not want to come across as a "pooper", lol, but (and this directed your way, bluebird), I think that even if you did see your husband right in front of you, if you could speak with him, etc. it is possible that you would begin doubting the experience shortly after - hours or days. Am I mistaken? As janef posted, I do so hope you will get the "proof" you feel you need in your medium reading (next month?). Then again I wonder if you will start dissecting that also! Not blaming or poking fun, you know that, right? I also tend to doubt my spiritual experiences, though I had some that were "proof" to me, and that was good enough.... knowing that I tend to be quite "demanding", those proofs were excellent, lol
    I could be 100% wrong here, but wouldn't our loved ones grow a bit frustrated if their messages went ignored or doubted, time and again? I believe that after a while I would tell myself, "I've tried and tried, and they just don't pick up on my signals, so what is the point?" And then I would perhaps try to communicate with someone who is more receptive.
    Lastly, now that I read you post, bluebird, the "window and the curtain deal" I had mentioned in the past makes a lot more sense; thank you! :)

Wondering if Carol could ask Mikey about our departed loved ones sending messages repeatedly and seeing that those messages go unnoticed. Carol, if you are reading this, would you mind asking him? Do they grow frustrated? Do they sometimes quit trying? Thank you.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  8. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Bluebird
    I get what you are saying here and that this is how you feel. I felt like this when I first lost my mum. A friend gently pointed out that maybe if I saw my mum once it would never be enough and I would want to keep seeing her. I thought about this long and hard and it has some truth for me. I would keep wanting to see her 'one last time'. And if this wasn't possible I would not be able to let go at all to make life bearable for me. I know we are all different and what works for one person will not work for another. I too hope you will get some comfort when you visit the medium.

Ravensgate, I understand what you are saying too. It is easy to have proof and then as time goes by you question it or want that proof to happen again. When we can't call it to will we can start to doubt. I have done this many times, but as soon as I make myself relive the experiences I have had I am back to believing very much there is life after this.

9. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Bluebird
    I get what you are saying here and that this is how you feel. I felt like this when I first lost my mum. A friend gently pointed out that maybe if I saw my mum once it would never be enough and I would want to keep seeing her. I thought about this long and hard and it has some truth for me. I would keep wanting to see her 'one last time'. And if this wasn't possible I would not be able to let go at all to make life bearable for me. I know we are all different and what works for one person will not work for another. I too hope you will get some comfort when you visit the medium.

Ravensgate, I understand what you are saying too. It is easy to have proof and then as time goes by you question it or want that proof to happen again. When we can't call it to will we can start to doubt. I have done this many times, but as soon as I make myself relive the experiences I have had I am back to believing very much there is life after this.

10. Waller

Waller Banned

:D

Eveeel.