1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my Lorraine readings - some parts of my 10 readings with her speaking to my Dad

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by annabanana87, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Waller

Waller Banned

Psychics don't use spirit dialog as part of their information gathering process by definition. <---- That definition is the one used by proponents incarnate-discarnate communications otherwise there would be no differentiation. Others may use the word 'psychic' differently.

A psychic may envision information gleaned from ESP, telepathy, energy readings, aura identification and other such resources. Edward considers himself a psychic-medium, how much of what he determines to be psychic only he knows but his public readings are incarnate-discarnate mental mediumship as best as I can tell.

If a medium claims psychic and mental mediumship abilities then he has a potentially serious ethical dilemma on his hands. He had better be able to separate databases before he finds himself compromising or 2nd-guessing the integrity of spirit when the information may very well have come from his psychic radar.

2. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Totally agree with you there, Ravensgate. I do envy people who are able to accept things and get on with it. Being a worrier doesn't make for an easy like lols!

3. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Anna
    it is a good idea to tell a medium things you don't want to hear and I know a few who have done this.

It must have been hard for you as a child and wondering what would happen to your dad. I remember worrying as a child what I would do if my mum died.
    I looked after my mum for around 12 years and the last three were particularly hard. I lived on my nerves and saw her suffer a lot. I think situations bring out different things in different people and we all cope in our own way.

Sorry I am unable to reply properly at the moment - I am late going out!

Have a great day everyone!

4. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Anna

Thank you for your sentiments. From what you have said about your Dad and seeing him suffer I can understand very much what you mean in feeling relief that his suffering had come to an end. I can relate to this as I felt the same. My mum also had breathing problems and was on oxygen much of the time during her last three years. She often had panic attacks and these were very hard to deal with as I eventually came to feel useless in attempts to calm her down. Mum could be talking fine one minute and I could go out of the room for two minutes and come back in to find her turned blue and barely conscious. This happened many times, so I can empathise with how you felt seeing your Dad struggling. When Mum died I couldn't cry properly at first. It was like I was in automation, like I was robotic. I think my inner strengths kicked in and it was like I was being shielded from what had happened. Another reason is that I thought I would see my mum again very soon. She was a huge believer in the afterlife and told us from around 4 weeks up to her death that she had seen her mum and dad and all her relations who had gone before. She also told some family that the only reason she was hanging on as long as she could was because she didn't want to leave my dad. But she said that she wouldn't see the end of November. And she didn't. So in short, I couldn't accept that I would not be seeing her again in this side of life. I am accepting this is unlikely now. Though my dad saw her in daylight just last month. He has also heard her say his name several times in the bedroom since she passed. But getting back to feeling relieved and happy for them to be out of such suffering. I fully understand what you mean.

5. janef

janef Moderator

I think it has been a lot of things that have happened already, and some still going on....see PM

6. janef

janef Moderator

Flossie, are you saying your dad saw your mom in daylight? wow...Can you give more detail?

7. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Jane,

Yes, that is right. My dad did see mum in the daylight. It was a sunday morning and he was awake and thinking he didn't feel like getting up yet as it was only 7.15. To his left and about 5ft away he has a tv on a chest of draws. He suddenly saw mum's head and shoulders, as though standing behind the tv. She wore a blue dress with white spots on. The same as her favourite dress but the blue was lighter. Her hair was the colour auburn she had in slightly younger days. Dad doesn't close his bedroom curtains so there was a lot of light in there. He called her name and she just faded away.
    My dad is very matter of fact and practical so I have no doubt whatsoever that he saw her. It has helped us all very much.

He also thinks he saw her a few months ago in the daylight whilst he was sat downstairs. His son had just phoned him and as soon as he put the phone down he saw a woman standing at the door which is 3ft away at the most. It was very quick and this is why he can't be sure it was mum. But it was somebody nevertheless. That time she had pale blonde hair, like it was the past year before she died. It also looked untidy, like it the last few months of her life. But it was so quick he couldn't take everything in. He thinks it was but he can't be completely sure like he was the second time.

Jane, when the medium said that to you I can't help wondering if it was a general statement like he might say to anybody? And not actually meant for you personally.

8. janef

janef Moderator

Wow.. thanks for sharing that. I know of a few that have seen departed loved ones, but not many. Since we know they can, I wonder why they don't appear more often to all of us.
    Regarding your question, possibly was an off hand statement, I cant remember what i asked to get that reply..lol.. its been too long ago. But, there has been some events actually and very depressed times for me around family situations and things I had no control over, plus a big financial loss. (that is tragic) My mom brought some of this up in the reading.

9. Flossie

Flossie New Member

Hi Jane,
    life is certainly full of ups and downs for many people. Fingers crossed you get lots of great times too xx

Regarding why spirits don't appear more often to all of us - I have thought long and hard about this. I think there are many reasons for this. Sometimes we think this would be in our best interests. Especially when raw in grief. But it could make us worse in the long term. Obviously it depends on the person. Seeing a loved one again could actually reverse the grieving back to square one for some. Maybe they would want to see them even more. Or maybe spirit can only do this due to very special reasons. But it is otherwise a mind boggler that some people might see often and others not at all.

10. janef

janef Moderator

Lorraine did ask if I wanted to hear about bad or tragic stuff, illness, death etc. and I said yes. (yikes) there was some actually, she sees someone going into a hospital in Nov. but it will not be long term. someone has a lump or will have, but not cancer. And my dream or goal in life is "done" as in, not happening. Im sad about that, but will get over it. (teary) no icon??? lol...

I think most, if not all professionals do this, and they should. imo :)

But I just remembered something... about 15 years ago after my Dad's stroke a medium told me he was near death, would not last long. nope... he lived another 14 yrs. I kept expecting it too.

Last edited: May 1, 2015