1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my experience

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Malcolm, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Modern medicine will never prevent death, but it has allowed us to stretch the boundaries between life and death like never before. As time goes by, those boundaries will become weaker and weaker, or so I believe, Eventually those boundaries may even give way. Mankind is playing around with the natural death process. Why? Because we can. Whether that is a good thing is debatable. Things that were considered preposterous 100 years ago are common place now. The afterlife reflects the earth, which reflects the afterlife. We live in amazing times.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

Ok with me. :)

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I didn't mean my calling it a novel as a throwaway remark and certainly not as a compliment. When I said it was a novel it's because it sounded like fiction to me but first I checked that I understood the dictionary definition of a 'novel'. This was the first hit and applied perfectly to what you wrote: "a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism." A mix of real and make believe in my eyes. Quite why you'd think we'd be persuaded by your using that format is beyond me.

But before I even got to looking through the text you'd shot yourself in the foot by insisting at length - and continuing to argue - the ridiculous claim that you had died and returned from death. You must have known that wasn't the case yet you continued to insist it was so on a website whose raison d'etre is to provide guidance and help about afterlife issues. Did you really think you could get the better of us?

Later - after you had distributed copies of your story and I'd even helped you do it - you were going to assume the role of spiritual teacher, explaining the stuff you'd written about. You even tried to get me to review and compare it with accounts from teachers and guides! You were about to present yourself as knowledgeable on the subject and it took Roberta's threat to ban you before you let go.

I don't know how much of your story - I won't now call it an NDE account - you actually experienced or how much of it was cobbled up from from widely-available sources. For me you've lost all credibility.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

BS

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Coincidentally I heard from a friend who owns another website in connection with another matter there.

In her message she mentions Atwater https://www.near-death.com/science/pmh-atwater.html someone I didn't know but have no interest in as she's an NDE researcher.

I've posted the above link to her website for anyone interested in the NDE phenomenon.

Convolution likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.