1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

my experience

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Malcolm, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

BINGO! If I am not dogmatic about the truth, I cannot help people get to even the first rung of the glorious ladder that leads to genuine spiritual growth, the pursuit of which is the entire point of our even coming to earth in the first place.

2. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

Unless it can be proven to be true, there is always room for error, no?
    For example, you and Mac seem to disagree on some points of the afterlife. Who is to say which is true?

SashaS and bluebird like this.
  3. Malcolm

Malcolm New Member

Covolution, time to reflect and come down to Earth. I am mentally exhausted. Playing golf tomorrow, can't remember the last time I did an earthly thing. Important to remain grounded. Cheers.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm New Member

Thus may sound callous, but in the end at one level or another, we all bring upon ourselves all the bad stuff as well as the good. Being attacked only reinforces to me a side of humanity that exists, which I do not like one little bit, but I must accept that I brought it on myself. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger.

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I never need one could fully die and come back ,you must be the first one in humanity to do this.fully dead is never coming back from it and staying on the other side.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hey B.B. @bluebird I’ll respond to you via PM later on today if that’s ok. It’s going to take some time to draft my response since you and your husband may be a sensitive subject to talk about (at least from my point of view).

I really do care and want to help. With you, I may not have gone about it the right way so I guess I’ll try the discreet approach. :)

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hehe. Nice reply my friend!

Storybud68 likes this.
  8. Malcolm

Malcolm New Member

Understand, but I am not a fan of the dogmatic approach. The church has dogmatically preached the truth - the gospel - for centuries on end. Billions of people have believed in them whole-heartedly, never questioning them, God forbid. Millions of others have lost their lives by refusing to believe in their dogma. But I do understand that you need to run a tight ship. Happy festive season to you and your loved ones.

bluebird likes this.
  9. RobertaGrimes

Dear Convolution, spirituality has no "message." Spirituality is not just an amusing pursuit! And if all we were doing here was offering comfort over a cup of coffee as an example of "love, respect, empathy," then we would become nothing more than a USO canteen, comforting a few soldiers while we ignore the fact that the war continues unabated and we are doing nothing to END that war for the poor saps to whom we can offer only comfort. Good grief, do you still not care at all about the welfare of the people who really NEED us?

Yes, NDEs are spiritually elevating. I consider them to be yet more evidence of many things, very much including the fact that we are here to grow spiritually. But they have nothing to do with death, so for people who want to learn about death so they can at last free themselves from the fear of death that keeps them vibrating at a low spiritual level, NDEs are little more than a false-lead distraction.

Let me put this a little more bluntly, since - no offense - you seem to be a slow learner.

My personal mission is to raise everyone on earth to a Ph.D.-level in spiritual growth and development. Jesus called it bringing the kingdom of God on earth - as above, it will gloriously also be here below - a literal garden of such complete spiritual harmony and joy that war and lack will no longer be possible and even thinking a cross word will never occur to anyone. We all will live and breathe pure and elevated love forevermore!

Now, nearly everyone on earth is maybe grade 3 or lower. They all are seeking that Ph.D. - even the ones who don't realize that is what they are seeking - but they have no clue about how to get there. I don't have a Ph.D. in spiritual growth, but I have gone in this lifetime from grade 3 to maybe the junior college level, so I know it can be done. Should I simply swan around now, helping a few people at a time, feeling wonderful about myself, showing myself to be a shining example of what other people can do if they can just figure out - as I did - how to grow spiritually, and exulting in how it feels to be vibrating so much higher? That is what you are suggesting I should be doing. But would that be the loving thing to do?

Convolution, I am sorry, but I am made of different stuff. Having found that it can be done and it's not even hard, I cannot bear to keep these truths to myself! So I have spent the past couple of decades trying to better understand how to help even spiritual kindergarten kids to really develop and grow and achieve the only Ph.D. that counts; and now I am spending the decade or two that I have left of life here trying to elevate as many people as I can. My choice. Maybe you don't approve?

What I have learned about spiritual growth has taught me that the FIRST step on that ladder is to lose humankind's core fear, which is the fear of death. Helping those kindergarten-to-third-grade seekers to take that first step onto the lowest rung of the ladder is the reason why ALF exists. It is the ONLY reason why this website exists! ALF is an attempt to reach as many seekers as possible and help them to at least see that first rung and trust it enough to step a foot on it.

But of course that is only the beginning of spiritual growth! And ALF is only one of the things I am doing in the process of trying to elevate people, beginning wherever they are now spiritually. I write the FUN series that is meant - when read in order - to cover the next few rungs, from maybe age eight or nine right through the teens in the area of spiritual growth. I do a radio show and podcast called Seek Reality that covers the whole range. I do interviews and speaking (although I have little time for traveling to speak nowadays). And I am part of a project to begin an online university that will make that ladder explicit and help people to find and achieve every rung.

The higher rungs are a surprise to me, frankly. Once all the material learning is digested - once all those earth-level rungs are below us - what we find is Master Jesus, sitting on the rung above and smiling at our delight in having come this far. Those who heard Him on earth could not possibly have understood what He was saying, and the religion that bears His name has absolutely nothing to do with Him, but in fact His teachings are the easiest and most effective way for us to grow spiritually all the rest of the way! So my next FUN book is The Fun of Loving Jesus - Embracing the Christianity That Jesus Taught. When you can see Him sitting on the rung above you, then I can safely turn you over to Him! But you will never reach that point in this lifetime if I will not protect you - at least here, on this website - from people who would fill your mind with garbage that keeps you from ever noticing that there even are rungs at all.

10. RobertaGrimes

We agree perfectly. We express ourselves differently. Look I will be frank with you, Convolution. I respect you, and I have done all that I can to help you. If you still are not satisfied that we can help you here, then I ask that you please go now to a different website where you will not be chafing so much and taking up my limited time that should be spent with seekers who actually want to know what we know. It's your choice, but I simply don't have any more time to devote to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.