1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Murder-Suicide Pacts...Different for Men than Women?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by WWE LOVER, Aug 4, 2013.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I hold to Mikey's view on life-planning (don't I always?), with the added point that apparently we tend to work on and reconfigure our life-plans with our guides' assistance as we visit with them more or less nightly throughout our lives. So if we make a lot more progress than was expected, we can rewrite that life in order to accomplish more than what would have been thought possible.

Where the tragedy of the mother drowning her children is concerned, please note that it is extremely common for mothers - and sometimes fathers - who want to kill themselves to also take young children with them. It seems to be important to them that they not abandon their children, that they take them with them and keep them "safe." I'm not convinced that a father would be judged more harshly than the mother, dear WWE Lover - I think that in both cases the motive is the same. Awful story!

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Somehow, the way that you worded that made sense. You already know the issue that happend with me and I keep hinting at it. Even if every opportunity became available to me something would still always stop me or interfere. Why do most people not have this kind of help? Why do most people not care about spirituality? Why do most people not even know what a spirit guide is? And these are always people well into their 30's and 40's.

I am not ready to believe that most parents who kill themselves and their children have mental illnesses and want them to be safe. On the other hand, I guess what you said made sense. I guess what Mikey keeps saying makes sense. I just don't understand how some people have the strength to not harm their children while others don't even try to care. For christ sake, if you are acting crazy try to figure out why. I can respect a person if they want to at least try to figure out the answers before they give up. People don't put in no kind of effort on this planet. People on earth are just plain lazy and they ought to bury their heads in the sand for the ignorance that they spread. Make all the mistakes that you want. I don't care what you do as long as you try and learn from it. But to mess up this earth and then kill yourself along with everybody else... my blood boils.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. Celera,

I don't know if a pact was made, preplanned before coming here. But it appears this is what happened with the Maria/Em story, and this story has similarities to that. I would say the odds are very low, but not impossible that a pact was made.

As for who would learn anything from it? Again, if learning is to be made, it was probably for someone currently living as in the Maria/Em story.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to trivialize anything here.

As for the gender issue, I have to agree that men and women are viewed differently in situations like this, but only so far as how it's interpreted on Earth. Choosing a gender for this is most likely not going to happen.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Why do most people not care about spirituality? That's a wonderful question. Knowing the truth makes your life so much better! So why aren't people hungry to pursue spirituality? I think it may be that for so long we have been taught that "spirituality" equals "religion." And Christianity is the world's foremost religion. And what mainstream Christianity actually teaches - that Adam's sin has tainted us so Jesus had to be horribly sacrificed in order to cheer God up enough so He would forgive us for Adam's sin and our own - is HORRIBLE. Who wants to believe that God is so petty and cruel and unforgiving? Who wants to follow Jesus, when His purpose in coming to earth was just to be a sacrifice? Not that the world's other great religions are much better, but having been a Christian for most of my life I am appalled that I was ever persuaded to believe what Christianity teaches. And I think that if religion equals spirituality in your mind, then it is becoming increasingly likely in this ever more cynical world that you aren't going to want any part of it!

5. I have to agree. You hear lots of people talk about how they don't believe in God or an afterlife, and their reasons stem back to what RELIGION has taught them. People get tired of hearing about they are going to Hell all the time.