1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

moment of death

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by mac, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Amore

Amore New Member

Wow mac, that is fascinating reading! Some scary bits too. :eek:

Some things remind me of what was channeled and published in the afterlife101 (free) ebook I once mentioned here to you. Have you ever had a chance to read it in full?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

No I didn't read it..... I'm not big into reading books, not even free books.

I don't know what you found scary but I'd suggest you don't be too concerned by what happens after we leave this world. I'm not totally persuaded by everything Sparrow writes anyway although in fairness to him a fair amount of what I've read sounded reasonable.

Whether a claimed-guide's ideas should sound only 'reasonable', though, is another issue.;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. Amore

Amore New Member

Oh it's not what he says about the afterlife I found scary, it was some things concerning the physical life!

Ah I wish I felt bold enough to urge you to read that "book" ;) but I don't. I try persuasion instead: it's not really a book, although you can download it all and then read it like a book, but on the website it's presented very similar to how it is on Sparrow's, with questions and answers, neatly presented in different topics. I would really like to hear your thoughts on it!

But it's of course totally okay if you don't want to. :)

Unexpected likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

As you've asked me I'll take a look later and get back to you with my reactions - was there anything specific you were interested in because I'm not prepared to wade through everything in detail if there isn't?

5. Amore

Amore New Member

No nothing in specific. Just browse and read the parts that draw your attention I'd say.

When I was reading it I couldn't put it down to be honest. Lots of 'Ahaaa' for me! Just like with Sparrow which I've been reading since yesterday. Fascinating and very helpful.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Unless I'm pleasantly surprised I fancy that my 'aha' days are long gone but I'm not pre-judging. I'll see what appeals and take a close look. ;)

Amore likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

Looks like there's a lot for a seeker. Should make interesting reading and it's free - that's a great deal.

Amore likes this.
  8. Amore

Amore New Member

I'm glad you also liked it :)

I am so so so grateful to people who take the time to channel this kind of information and make it available online, such as Sparrow and the afterlife101 people, because I'm quite poor and can't afford to buy a lot of books.

Unexpected likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

I agree it's generous that there's no charge but also of the time it takes to undertake such a venture.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

My benchmark happens to be the offerings from teacher and guide, Silver Birch but I don't expect others to accept what he said just because I do! He stressed that his identity wasn't important, only the guidance he offered. Even so he always advocated his listeners/questioners should accept only what appealed to their reason and not just because he had said it.

Although we humans are naturally curious about who a communicator used to be there's little of practical value even if we were to get to find out. What matters is what's said. If it doesn't appeal, if it doesn't make sense, then don't accept it until it does. The differences between one guide's ideas and another's may reflect differences in their personal understanding, itself a reflection of what they've experienced and learned, here and elsewhere.

kim and Unexpected like this.