1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Miracles for cure,does the course teach us there is no afterlife?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Storybud68, Sep 8, 2017.

1. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Reviewing the content of NDEs and comparing them with information from mediumship conve4nced me that NDEs were not a good source for disclosing what the afterlife is like. I would guess Roberta woud be a terrific source for information on that, but one source I would recommend are the Leslie Flint physical mediumship tapes. In many of those, Betty Greene and George Woods pursue a program of quizzing the speakers about what it was like to transition and how things were for them now. A lot of great stuff in there.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Agreed! Those who have completed their transitions and are now living in the higher levels of the afterlife are the only ones who really know much of anything, and Flint and his team did an extraordinary job of interviewing them!

3. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Actually, I think the accounts by spirits on the levels nearer to earth are more relatable and in many ways the most interesting. An account by someone who says he lives in "a block of flats" and then explains that it's a lot nicer than that makes it sound gives us a more concrete seeming picture. But the range of interview subjects is impressive: Oscar Wilde being witty and amusing but also telling us a lot about what his life is like there, a woman born into slavery in "Alabammy" who was delighted when she died to now have shoes, little Bobby Tracy, in a tape I think evidential _per se_, and which I may write about some more, and on and on.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

It's arguable that discarnates close to the earth plane by choice, or because their spiritual progress doesn't yet enable them to move too far away, are the ones we're most likely to hear from via mediumship / channeling. Indeed it appears the case that more spiritually-advanced individuals understandably spend their 'time' away from earth hence we're less likely to hear from them unless they have a particular reason.

What is always expressed by 'higher' communicators is the difficulty they experience trying to find a way to adequately convey situations for which human language is simply inadequate.

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Thank a million guys for these invaluable views,the more I study and read about the after life the more I believe,in fact I've come across some people so say they don't believe they just know its there from there experiences ,there seems to be a differnce in believeing in it and just knowing its there ,David

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased you've realised this situation, David.

There was a time when I believed but my belief changed to certainty somewhere along the way. I know how it used to be for me and I know how it is now. I hope you find a similar point for yourself. :)

7. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

LOL, yes, like back when everyone believed that the earth is flat, the universe revolves around the earth and that there is a Hell somewhere! Now, some of of us KNOW better. And now I know there is an Afterlife but I can not prove it.