1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracles for cure,does the course teach us there is no afterlife?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Storybud68, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

I just came across an old discussion here in which the miracles for cure course teaches us there is no afterlife for us, any views very welcome?

2. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Are you referring to "A Course In Miracles"? Based upon my seven decades of intensive research, I am confident that A Course In Miracles is pretty good stuff. Based upon my seven decades of intensive research and what my (Dis-incarnate) wife tells me, I am confident that there absolutely is an Afterlife - I just cannot prove it to anyone! I am also confident that visiting a Medium can demonstrate the reality of the Afterlife. I am confident that you can and will find the answer. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Storybud68,

In my opinion, no human can know for sure if there is an afterlife or not, or at the very least cannot provide proof to anyone else. I think it's up to each of us to decide for ourselves whether or not we believe in an afterlife, not depend on any course to teach us.

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thank you do much it all helps

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Are you talking about A Course in Miracles? If yes, then of course it teaches that human life is eternal. If you're talking about something else, then please help us understand what it is - I've never heard of anything by that name!

6. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Hi Roberta that's it a course in miracles Apoligies,i actually haven't researched it enough,but your right.As I'm chatting to you,on a slightly different topic I would like to ask your view on something.I recently got chatting to a man who clinically died twice with no brain function for several minutes, in both cases , once when he was 19,and the other when he was 59,he reckons there is no afterlife because he didn't have a near death experience,and several people have in much the same circumstances as he was, i would appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you.David

7. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I don't know if Roberta's busy preparing for the do in Scottsdale, AZ, but I expect she'll come back on this when she gets chance. In the meantime I'll offer my own thoughts. What follows isn't my opinion; the details are facts.

The issue of death - and near death - is one I think we've discussed elsewhere on ALF. Clinical 'death' is a different thing from actual death. From the latter there's no return to the same body. Apparent death, where life-signs are at a very low, sometimes barely discernible, level can probably, reasonably be termed 'near-death' but there's no guarantee a near-death-experience will occur.

The so-called NDE doesn't prove there is life-after-death. It's absence doesn't prove there isn't. But those who do experience NDE often find their outlook on death and survival is dramatically changed.

8. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thanks mac,i appreciate that.and I'think maybe some are just meant have them and some are not.

9. RobertaGrimes

David, those that we used to think were dead tell us that NDEs have nothing to do with actual death. They are an entirely different phenomenon! NDEs are a kind of out-of-body experience triggered by physical stress, and the events in them are pulled from the experiencer's mind so what happens in an NDE tells us nothing about what will happen at an actual death.

In fact, most people in physical distress - including cardiac arrest - DON'T have NDEs, so not having one proves nothing. There is indeed life after death for everyone - our minds are eternal by definition!

10. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

The Course in Miracles clearly states there is an afterlife. This is explained in the most detail in the Song of Prayer, as follows:

Yet there is a kind
    Of seeming death that has a different source.
    It does not come because of hurtful thoughts
    And raging anger at the universe.
    It merely signifies the end has come
    For usefulness of body functioning.
    And so it is discarded as a choice,
    As one lays by a garment now outworn.

This is what death should be; a quiet choice,
    Made joyfully and with a sense of peace,
    Because the body has been kindly used
    To help the Son of God along the way
    He goes to God. We thank the body, then,
    For all the service it has given us.
    But we are thankful, too, the need is done
    To walk the world of limits, and to reach
    The Christ in hidden forms and clearly seen
    At most in lovely flashes. Now we can
    Behold Him without blinders, in the light
    That we have learned to look upon again.

We call it death, but it is liberty.
    It does not come in forms that seem to be
    Thrust down in pain upon unwilling flesh,
    But as a gentle welcome to release.
    If there has been true healing, this can be
    The form in which death comes when it is time
    To rest a while from labor gladly done
    And gladly ended. Now we go in peace
    To freer air and gentler climate, where it
    Is not hard to see the gifts we gave
    Were saved for us. For Christ is clearer now;
    His vision more sustained in us; His Voice,
    The Word of God, more certainly our own.

This gentle passage to a higher prayer,
    A kind forgiveness of the ways of earth,
    Can only be received with thankfulness.

11. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

Reviewing the content of NDEs and comparing them with information from mediumship conve4nced me that NDEs were not a good source for disclosing what the afterlife is like. I would guess Roberta woud be a terrific source for information on that, but one source I would recommend are the Leslie Flint physical mediumship tapes. In many of those, Betty Greene and George Woods pursue a program of quizzing the speakers about what it was like to transition and how things were for them now. A lot of great stuff in there.

12. RobertaGrimes

Agreed! Those who have completed their transitions and are now living in the higher levels of the afterlife are the only ones who really know much of anything, and Flint and his team did an extraordinary job of interviewing them!

13. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

Actually, I think the accounts by spirits on the levels nearer to earth are more relatable and in many ways the most interesting. An account by someone who says he lives in "a block of flats" and then explains that it's a lot nicer than that makes it sound gives us a more concrete seeming picture. But the range of interview subjects is impressive: Oscar Wilde being witty and amusing but also telling us a lot about what his life is like there, a woman born into slavery in "Alabammy" who was delighted when she died to now have shoes, little Bobby Tracy, in a tape I think evidential _per se_, and which I may write about some more, and on and on.

14. mac

It's arguable that discarnates close to the earth plane by choice, or because their spiritual progress doesn't yet enable them to move too far away, are the ones we're most likely to hear from via mediumship / channeling. Indeed it appears the case that more spiritually-advanced individuals understandably spend their 'time' away from earth hence we're less likely to hear from them unless they have a particular reason.

What is always expressed by 'higher' communicators is the difficulty they experience trying to find a way to adequately convey situations for which human language is simply inadequate.

15. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thank a million guys for these invaluable views,the more I study and read about the after life the more I believe,in fact I've come across some people so say they don't believe they just know its there from there experiences ,there seems to be a differnce in believeing in it and just knowing its there ,David

16. mac

I'm pleased you've realised this situation, David.

There was a time when I believed but my belief changed to certainty somewhere along the way. I know how it used to be for me and I know how it is now. I hope you find a similar point for yourself. :)

17. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

LOL, yes, like back when everyone believed that the earth is flat, the universe revolves around the earth and that there is a Hell somewhere! Now, some of of us KNOW better. And now I know there is an Afterlife but I can not prove it.