1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracles for cure,does the course teach us there is no afterlife?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Storybud68, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 New Member

I just came across an old discussion here in which the miracles for cure course teaches us there is no afterlife for us, any views very welcome?

2. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Are you referring to "A Course In Miracles"? Based upon my seven decades of intensive research, I am confident that A Course In Miracles is pretty good stuff. Based upon my seven decades of intensive research and what my (Dis-incarnate) wife tells me, I am confident that there absolutely is an Afterlife - I just cannot prove it to anyone! I am also confident that visiting a Medium can demonstrate the reality of the Afterlife. I am confident that you can and will find the answer. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Storybud68,

In my opinion, no human can know for sure if there is an afterlife or not, or at the very least cannot provide proof to anyone else. I think it's up to each of us to decide for ourselves whether or not we believe in an afterlife, not depend on any course to teach us.

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 New Member

Thank you do much it all helps

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Are you talking about A Course in Miracles? If yes, then of course it teaches that human life is eternal. If you're talking about something else, then please help us understand what it is - I've never heard of anything by that name!

6. Storybud68

Storybud68 New Member

Hi Roberta that's it a course in miracles Apoligies,i actually haven't researched it enough,but your right.As I'm chatting to you,on a slightly different topic I would like to ask your view on something.I recently got chatting to a man who clinically died twice with no brain function for several minutes, in both cases , once when he was 19,and the other when he was 59,he reckons there is no afterlife because he didn't have a near death experience,and several people have in much the same circumstances as he was, i would appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you.David

7. mac

mac host

I don't know if Roberta's busy preparing for the do in Scottsdale, AZ, but I expect she'll come back on this when she gets chance. In the meantime I'll offer my own thoughts. What follows isn't my opinion; the details are facts.

The issue of death - and near death - is one I think we've discussed elsewhere on ALF. Clinical 'death' is a different thing from actual death. From the latter there's no return to the same body. Apparent death, where life-signs are at a very low, sometimes barely discernible, level can probably, reasonably be termed 'near-death' but there's no guarantee a near-death-experience will occur.

The so-called NDE doesn't prove there is life-after-death. It's absence doesn't prove there isn't. But those who do experience NDE often find their outlook on death and survival is dramatically changed.

8. Storybud68

Storybud68 New Member

Thanks mac,i appreciate that.and I'think maybe some are just meant have them and some are not.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

David, those that we used to think were dead tell us that NDEs have nothing to do with actual death. They are an entirely different phenomenon! NDEs are a kind of out-of-body experience triggered by physical stress, and the events in them are pulled from the experiencer's mind so what happens in an NDE tells us nothing about what will happen at an actual death.

In fact, most people in physical distress - including cardiac arrest - DON'T have NDEs, so not having one proves nothing. There is indeed life after death for everyone - our minds are eternal by definition!