1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Merry Christmas!!

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Andrew, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Greetings Friends,

I want to wish everyone here a wonderful Christmas! :eek:

I may not be Christian, or even religious, but this is one holiday that I greatly enjoy celebrating. Yeshua was perhaps the most influential teacher that the human race has ever known and I think Christmas Day creates the perfect opportunity for us to be thankful for his coming. His mission was brutal, frustrating and ultimately deadly, yet it provided us with some of our purest insights into the workings of Spirit. Much of earthly religion is merely a record of humankind trying - and usually failing - to understand the Divine, but the words of Yeshua are so much more than that! They truly do come straight from the Source.

Although I am at odds with many of the fundamental doctrines of the Church, I also cannot help but be thankful for the Church and the Apostles as well. The apostles and their descendants were misguided, yes, and probably understood little of Yeshua's true intentions, but they diligently recorded and preserved his teachings. The result is that today, two millennia later, we can still read direct quotes from Yeshua - more or less untouched by time.

Yeshua is not the unique Son of God, he did not die on the Cross to forgive mankind's wickedness, and simply accepting him as God will not secure a place in Heaven - but he has nonetheless given us the means to our salvation. Through teaching and through personal examples, Yeshua simplified our earthly mission as much as possible: We must love others as we love ourselves. That, though simple in concept, can be daunting in reality. But it is the task at hand. Nothing else matters in the end.

So today, I challenge everyone here to celebrate Yeshua's birth and his teachings, for which he gave his life - not by mass or prayer, but by offering kindness and forgiveness to others. Let Yeshua live on in you. Be the embodiment of his ideals and the reward will be greater than anyone of us can even begin to fathom! :)

Merry Christmas!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  2. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

Merry Christmas to you too Andrew.

3. Beautifully stated, Andrew. Merry Christmas to you as well.

4. william61

william61 New Member

A belated Merry Christmas to all that celebrate the occasion. A quick check around the regular survivalist/spiritualist forums today indicates very few proponents observe the day.