1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I think the obvious answer to that, David, would be yes to some degree but perhaps not much. But would you actually want something similar?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

In our RVing days traveling through many of the US states we spoke with a fair few fellow travelers but also we chatted with regular folk in small towns thru cities. Many of those who had traveled to other countries spoke enthusiastically about their visits to Ireland. They loved the scenery, the welcome and, for some, seeing the homeland of their ancestors.

Even now so many regular Americans - on recognizing our accents - love to tell us how their grandparents, great-grandparents or whatever were British. A few have visited the county we live in. One of the most bizarre situations was when a new-neighbor, someone we'd only just met, told us of the many Brit places he said he'd visited.

He was an Oregonian and we looked at one another wondering if he was spinning us a line. That was before we found out what a wonderful, warm, caring, interested, genuine guy he was. He rattled off place names and what he'd seen in them. Blackpool with its 'Blackpool Tower' attraction - a mini Eiffel Tower - sticks in my mind. It's a seaside resort you'd only ever expect Brits to know about but he described it in detail, where it's situated and what he'd done there.

As we chatted our new neighbor (soon to be our best friend) explained how his son-in-law, someone whose character he'd doubted when he married his daughter, had secretly arranged a round-Britain road trip for him and his wife as a wedding anniversary treat. He spoke warmly about the way his son-in-law had organized every single aspect of the trip and drove them all the way - no small task driving in the UK!

Our friend sang in his local church's choir and both of them loved visiting old churches, things we're not short of in the UK! He loved the ever-changing scenery and our tiny, wiggly, winding roads. Like Ireland much of England is green and for the same reason! Turns out he'd traveled up the west side of England, visiting Wales along the way (somewhere else that's wet and green!) crossed the border into Scotland then returned south down the east side of England to catch the plane home.

good friends, much missed

3. baob

baob New Member

Hi mac,

If my question sounds offensive, I am sorry about that. Recently I read something about that which triggered me to ask this question. Also I read a book before that (forgot the name of book) talking about the being had a conversation with his spiritual guide in the afterlife. The guide told him actually these ancient tricks work. At that moment, I felt puzzled.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I wasn't offended but I was very surprised you'd think it was something suitable to ask Mikey, a spirit guide. Perhaps Mikey will see matters differently but there is so much junk 'out there' from so many questionable sources I'd sooner they didn't appear on a website that's dedicated to the simple, gentle message of survival and the afterlife we all will be going to.

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Hi mac,for me I would like some things to be the same,and on the other hand I think we would all welcome the idea of not being able to get physically I'll.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Depending on what you'd like you should be able to 'engineer' your desire - something like a nice garden or home for examples. But you wouldn't be able to create situations that would need others to be involved unless they agreed.

As for ill health it's not something you need to be concerned about because we know from teachers and guides that we don't suffer from that.