1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

The Gardein meatballs aren't cheap, but not bad if you can find them on sale (I think it's usually $4.99 for a bag of about 8 or 10 meatballs, but sometimes my local store has them on sale for $3.99). If you would have to order them online I suppose it would cost more, as you would have to pay shipping. I'm sure you could find other vegan options to try, it's just that I'm only really familiar with Gardein. I've tried some other meat substitutes and didn't like them, but the Gardein meatballs are really good.

And as you said, there are health benefits to eating vegan, as well as being cruelty-free. I hope you are able to find some vegan options you can try. In the meantime, you can always just try eating less meat and making wonderful vegetarian dishes, of which there are many. :)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

You've now moved on way beyond the topic you asked Mikey to 'speak' about. If you'd like to raise this topic for general discussion - animal experimentation etc. - I've copied this posting and created a new thread for you to express your views. http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/animal-experimentation.3587/

Mike_J_Collie likes this.
  3. Thanks for letting me join!

4. mac

mac Staff Member

You're in! great job

5. Thanks!

6. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure :)

welcome to ALF, by the way.....:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

I found Mikey's answer thought-provoking. As some will know, our son was lost at his birth and since the time that I began to understand what little I do I've trotted out the line that babies and children are taken care of after their return - but without really thinking it through very far.

Following on from Mikey's words I think I now understand better. At some point before birth into this world a spirit becomes fully integrated with its physical body. The commitment is full and final so if the death of the baby then follows the animating spirit is - effectively - that child and will not quickly de-integrate from its baby body.

What Mikey says above - "The true process of "death" is not known or understood for a child from Mikey's viewpoint. Then death of the body occurs. There can be much fear and confusion." - makes total sense for me. At that time special, loving care is provided to help with the transition and the adjustment from an incarnate-to-be back to being discarnate again.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I see things this way, Arsiie. WE are not gods. There are no gods except in myths and fairy stories.

It's hard explaining without deeper context but perhaps you could consider it the following way? We - the 'real' us, our spirit selves - are on a spiritual journey of experience and discovery. Our spirits are identically similar to the source of life we all come from - no exceptions. If you want to call that being 'God' you could say we are of God, from God and the same as God - tiny but identical parts of that unexplainable source of life that folk call God.

And, yes, God is everywhere in everything because God is everything.

kim and Arsiie like this.
  9. Arsiie

Arsiie New Member

Thank you so much Mac! I searching about this on internet but there is not so much information actually. :-(

10. mac

mac Staff Member

The web isn't always the best place for clear information. What's online are mostly the ideas of mortals rather than guidance from spirit teachers. And there is so much information that finding relevant help can be very time-consuming.