1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

A fetus doesn't have a soul so much as is animated by a soul/spirit which is already committed to the new incarnation-to-be. That commitment (I've been told) is total from the instant of fertilisation and my feeling is that it may be even before that point. That implies that the foetus is never 'without' a spirit/soul. It's debatable that there could be much development of the foetus without early, and then continuing, involvement of a spirit.

I suppose that animation of the fertilised egg may be a temporary collaboration between the mother and the new soul but that's just my conjecture - I simply don't know. I do feel, however, that beyond a very early stage - whenever that may be - the animating spirit is increasingly involved with the developing foetus.

Not sure if any of that is what you were looking for, David.....:confused:

Storybud68 likes this.
  2. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Mac, What do you mean by soul/spirit? The spirit is invisible and the soul, I guess, is the incarnation, or the being who is animated?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

It's just my way, kim, of describing the animating element or our total selves, our 'body and spirit' so to speak. :)

The difference between soul and spirit doesn't matter much (in my view) so I write soul/spirit to cover both terms, the words being the ones most commonly used.

4. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Gotcha Mac!:)

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Excellent description mac,I think mikeys answer wod be pretty similar, cheers. David

6. mac

mac Staff Member

:)

Take another look at the main C&M thread now, David.

Storybud68 likes this.
  7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

You know what Mac? I don't think about the earth not being real anymore, and it makes me happy to read comments like this, since it helps me stay grounded. I especially liked this line: I think some individuals have been listening to mortals telling the story, mortals whose understanding is limited. Thank-you!:)

8. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure, kim :)

I really am pleased and heartened to hear you saying what you have. When you first arrived in ALF you were having a tough time and had been for some years. I despaired whether ALF would ever be able to help but I think the folk here did help you and for me that's one of the important parts of any website.

9. kim

kim Regular Contributor

:)

10. mac

mac Staff Member

That's for Mikey, of course, but this is the way I rationalise the situation. Insects don't have a soul in the way we see ourselves as having one. But they ARE animated by spirit or by a spirit in a similar way to ourselves.

Where things differ significantly, however, is that the animating spirit of a bug - let's use your cockroach as example - is at a very early stage of learning and developing its ability to live in physical form in our physical dimension. There's a lot more to that story but in essence the spirit animating that bug is learning skills which it will later use to animate other, less-simple, lifeforms. Its death, and the way it happens, is inconsequential because its physical LIFE is what really matters and what it learns from that.

That you are caring enough to want NOT to kill something we often find repulsive indicates your level of spiritual evolvement. Recently I found a spider in my cup that looked like it had drowned but I fished it out, dried it off and put it outdoors. I won't kill - or leave to die - when there's no good enough reason for so doing.