1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

interesting indeed..... Change in our dimension is coming thick and fast. Maybe it will be the start of the spiritual changes long-forecast by sensitives? Not deliberately being brought about by our guides and overseers in spirit but with potential outcomes that could see humankind looking for divine guidance.

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

You're in Minnesota? I thought Texas.

3. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Hi mac thank you kindly, for your views there,I do feel a bit better after that,and I think if stuff comes up in a book about the lower levels I will.just skip that part.David

4. mac

mac Staff Member

See what Mikey has to say, David. :)

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Storybud,

My opinion: if there is an afterlife, I don't believe it has "levels", per se. I find the idea of an afterlife with those sorts of separations to be a very rigid idea, held by some humans who perhaps find those delineations comforting. Some humans are much more comfortable when their lives are organized by a myriad of rules and regulations, and I suppose for some that carries over into how they would like the afterlife to be as well. Maybe there are some things that some people aren't yet ready to encounter (ideas or beings they wouldn't yet be ready or able to understand), but in that case I think they would just be gently discouraged from pursuing those ideas/areas.

I truly don't know if there is an afterlife (and even if there is, I am still agnostic as to whether or not there's a god or similar being), but if there is an afterlife then my sense of it is something like this: I think that when you die and get to the afterlife, you are met by others who died before you -- usually family/friends, people you love and are close to, if any of them have predeceased you, or if none have, then probably people who are naturally inclined to be guides, helpers, healers, the sorts of people who were inclined to be social workers or childcare workers or animal shelter workers or clergy, etc., during their earthly lives. I think (I certainly hope!) that you are able to have some period of "time" (in quotes because who knows how/if time exists in the afterlife) to adjust, to heal, to acclimate, and to spend with your dead loved ones.

Then I think you probably (I'm not 100% on this) undergo a "life review" -- not one in which you're judged by a "god" or anyone else, even if one does exist, but one in which you see your life, all the good you did and all the bad you did, and the effects of all your actions and inactions on other people and on the world. Maybe you also feel those effects, so that you really know and understand the consequences of your actions and inactions. The purpose of this life review is just to learn, not to recriminate. I don't believe there's a "hell", but if you do feel the effects of all your actions and inactions then I would think that experience would be extremely unpleasant/painful for people who have intentionally been cruel/harmful/evil a lot during their lives. I think for most people, though, the life review will be helpful and not unpleasant.

Following that, I think/hope that you are then able to essentially pursue your afterlife however you want -- spend time with loved ones, pursue arts/hobbies, see the world (the earth, I mean -- not haunting anyone, but say you always wanted to see Paris but were never able to while alive, you could do so after death, invisibly), build a house (whether with your spirit or more physically, should you so desire), read books, make music, learn, teach, etc.

Anyway, that's what I hope, that's what I want. So that's my opinion. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

How I wish you were actually subscribed to the representation you've presented so well, bb. :( It's one very similar to my own perspective, a perspective I live in hope you'll one day share with me.

7. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I wish I could wholeheartedly believe it too, mac. As it stands, I can only hope that what I envision and have described is close to what actually is.

8. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Storybud: Just as there are negative and non-loving people here, they also exist in the afterlife, but there is help available even if someone winds up on a lower astral plane. Many refuse the help that is offered and because of free will, there is not much that can be done for them. So even if you did wind up on one of those lower levels (which I doubt), the simple act of asking for guidance will be of enormous help to you As Mikey said, these places are only temporary for those who wish to escape them.

Storybud68 likes this.
  9. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I want to thank you all for taking the time to address this topic,I have to say I do feel s lot better, and thank you mac for that insight from mikey, it is so well detailed.its hard to believe souls would choose to stay in such awful conditions, but then again there are s lot of people on earth, who choose really bad things so I guess its similar to here.David

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I understand why you feel this way, David. (bold, underlined text above) From a mortal's perspective it looks crazy for anyone to have chosen the tough existences some folk experience. But we can only see matters with our limited, human-being viewpoints.

There are other aspects equally baffling involving life-plans. I don't usually advocate belief or faith but in these matters I think we have no choice - if we want to try to be optimistic - other than having faith in what we've been taught by teachers and guides and told us by those living 'over there'. These are issues about which there's just no evidence.