1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I know I'm an odd bod but 'he' 'him' and 'his' just have to go. Source is 'it' as is God - for me. I just can't use male and female pronouns for God anyway and seeing them capitalized is - for me - plain daft.

2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I've still got to make it to one of these meetings. I feel a lot more comfortable now with interstate transport so depending on the date my schedule and finances I should be able to pull it off within this year or the next.

3. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

4. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure - Yeah that caught my attention and there was a lot of other material that also interested me this time. Often it's too much historical and I can't relate to stuff so far back. In general I don't look back more than a few months let alone so many decades.

Kurt likes this.
  5. Lola Hoovler

Yeah that caught my attention and there was a lot of other material that also interested me this time. Often it's too much historical and I can't relate to stuff so far back. In general I don't look back more than a few months let alone so many decades.[/QUOTE]

I was really interested in what they said about Edith Potts, as she was phenomenal. She never charged anyone, and kind of stayed out of the limelight. She should have had at least as much recognition as Leslie Flint. What a waste.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

You never know how things will turn out. Now it's history and few outside of the field will know of, or be interested in, mediums of old.

7. Lola Hoovler

And they will think those mediums were crazy not to charge anything or charge a small fee (like Leslie Flint did)

8. mac

mac Staff Member

It used to be the way that such privileged individuals didn't charge, or asked only basic expenses, for the mediumship or healing they provided. It's what they expected of themselves. Things are different now and maybe it's why there are fewer mediums and healers.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

Are you still in or near Woodbury, Carol? I can understand how it must be terribly stressful on top of all the stress from the pandemic. Even from several thousands miles away we can feel the awfulness of what's happening. The killing of George Floyd in full view on the street was horrific and the perpetrator - a police officer - deserves to face the full force of the law.

As ALF conversations must be apolitical we can't go into the politics of the situation but we can express our horror at all that's happened and all the rioting that's been occurring. The curfew adds to the feeling of menace but is necessary. Jeez what a winter and now what a spring/summer. :(

We've also been watching videos of the rioting that happened in our winter home of Phoenix, AZ - shidad.

10. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I'm not far from Woodbury. Things have settled down some here, but we still had the National Guard at my place of work today.
    Interesting times on earth right now.....
    Carol

Mike_J_Collie likes this.